Handpainted Tea Cup

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Found in a box of stuff I picked up today. Someone painted it black and then painted this floral band around it. The only mark is a tiny blue blob which is under the glaze. One has to wonder why. It's a hard enamel paint, too. IMG_6968.jpg IMG_6969.jpg IMG_6970.jpg IMG_6971.jpg

Aquitaine and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Try looking up Mrazek Peasant Ware.

judy, Any Jewelry and SBSVC like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely PAI/Mrazek. I have quite a bit of it, since I've always loved the colors. Here are a couple of pieces that "live" in the downstairs powder room:
    img0 (41).jpg
    img0 (40).jpg

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Do you serve tea in the powder room? Such a nice gesture.:)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Aquitaine, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!! That is SO lovely!!!! Tried to enhance the bottom stamp, but you just can't put back what isn't there!! But glad you identified it anyhow............just love those bright colors!!:):)

judy likes this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

And I was thinking someone painted this at home. Interesting. We looked for the saucer but didn't find one

Draft saved Draft deleted