Harold Newton Highwayman Artist

Discussion in 'Art' started by Bridget O'Loughlin, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Bridget O'Loughlin

Bridget O'Loughlin Any help is appreciated

2277AF1A-1953-4F32-B213-E1AC05DD6517.jpeg 8D403A29-052E-499B-BA19-5CBABFB3E115.jpeg D46B9480-4E2A-499B-AA7C-CB3BB4A5183E.jpeg 8D403A29-052E-499B-BA19-5CBABFB3E115.jpeg D46B9480-4E2A-499B-AA7C-CB3BB4A5183E.jpeg CBF3478F-1E1E-47DD-B411-A2E4D5412384.jpeg We have several highwaymen’s. Unfortunately one of them is in very rough shape. We are told that even in the rough shape it’s worth about $4000 and have had two offers at around that price. If we get this fixed up would it be worth more? Or should we sell it as is? It’s in the original frame and pretty beat up! Our other Harold Newton’s are in perfect shape and this one we unfortunately stored in the basement for many years

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  3. Bridget O'Loughlin

Thank you We will probably hold onto it a bit longer as the movie is being filmed now and after the movie there may be some large hype about it

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I went on to "https://www.LiveAuctioneers.com" and looked at ALL 15 pages of his paintings! It might be worth your while to sign up there (IT'S FREE) and check it out for yourself.....the prices were ALL over the place!!! MANY were under $4000., as Brad said, some around $4000., but then ON page 15, and I don't know how they figure, there were just three that ranged from $24,000. to $46,000.! Don't want to get your hopes up, because as I said, MANY in those 15 pages WERE priced pretty low, but at least worth checking out or having yours checked out! Good Luck!!

Bridget O'Loughlin likes this.
  5. Bridget O'Loughlin

Thank you. We do know this is a rare scene and very wanted by collectors. We just don’t know if we should pay to have it fixed up a bit or leave it in the condition it’s in. I’ve heard that it can sometimes decrease value if you have things fixed.

6. Aquitaine

Bridget....I mean this only in the best way.....this site lives by the 'quality' and size of images that get posted to the site.....for you to get the best help members can offer!! That being said, many members need to sometimes figure out how to reduce a large image and keep quality and significant size....there are free "apps"...often included with your phone....including emailing the photo to YOURSELF and setting the size as MEDIUM, which will reduce the size enough to then post it here!!! ALL you have to do is ASK....we're happy to help!!! A GOOD, large enough image is the best way to start!!! Hoping you have a Happy Day!!!:happy::happy::);)

7. Aquitaine

Which makes me think you MIGHT want a professional to at least LOOK at it!!!!

Bridget O'Loughlin likes this.
  8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Do not do anything to it, hold it or sell it but do not do any fixy-uppy

Aquitaine and Bridget O'Loughlin like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted