Featured Have I struck gold?! Detector find

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by branvan30000, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I'm late to the discussion, but I'm surprised the OP (original poster) doesn't understand that if they do find something valuable and clean it improperly and damage it, the value is gone. If you are trying to make money it seems rather pointless to destroy the object of value. Just sayin'.

reader, BoudiccaJones, KSW and 3 others like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Mr KSW and I were having a discussion the other night how cool it would be to discover a Roman mosaic in the garden. On my wish list is a metal detector as our allotments have been allotments since time immemorial, there must be some good metal stuff out there as we are always finding bits of pot and China. Obviously only to be used responsibly:hilarious:. I've just bought a metal detecting lot on eBay as it looked like it had some fun bits to research but this thread has really made me think if that's just fuelling the irresponsible detectors. :confused:

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've found odd bits of Roman tile in the garden. I think these days, most detectorists are pretty decent.The PAS scheme encourages honesty.

4. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I had a metal detector from an early age....haven't done it for years and years but my dad & I used to detect all over the place. We have never destroyed anything we found. I still have most of it . I buy other's detectings from eBay too ... have never come across this wanton destruction before . All I'll say.

reader, smallaxe, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted