Featured Having a Brain Fade on an Easy Candlestick ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I guess I thought this candlestick was Cambridge Glass, but I can't find an example of it anywhere. It measures 5 1/8" high and the base diameter is 5 1/8". The etch is confounding me also. Any help is appreciated. TY!

DSCF3375.jpg DSCF3376.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the pattern, sis, thank you! Now I should be able to hunt down the etch.

4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Oooo - that is one pretty candle holder!

yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Yes, if I can find another, I'm thinking about keeping the pair. They look so fresh for Spring and Easter. My dishes are all white with platinum trim so I can use anything with them.

msgood, thank you for linking to that etch! It was the only one that I could find that was close, but I wasn't sure if it was quite right. I've mostly seen it done in this fashion (below) and it looks slightly different when opened up as on the candlestick. (photo borrowed from chatabout).

NMJanCanterburyetchxSuzB650.jpg

judy and SBSVC like this.
  7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem. The replacements examples of candlesticks with the etch helped seal the ID

judy likes this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Beautiful photos.

Draft saved Draft deleted