Heading to Tokyo this autumn? A few antique market dates and tips

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by StanStanman, Oct 1, 2026 at 11:06 AM.

  1. StanStanman

    StanStanman New Member

    After enjoying shamster's Tokyo finds threads, I thought I'd share some dates for anyone travelling to Japan in the next couple of months. I'm based in the Tokyo area.

    • Yanaka Antique Market at Enmei-in temple: Oct 10–11, Nov 14–15 and Dec 5–6, 10:00–15:30. Small, relaxed, and in an old neighbourhood worth wandering anyway.
    • Hanazono Shrine Antique Market in Shinjuku: runs most weeks through late December. Go early, and it's cancelled in rain.
    • NFAJ Film and Antique Book Fair at the National Film Archive (Kyobashi): Nov 21–22. Old film posters, pamphlets and books.
    • If you're in Osaka, the Vintage Market Expo flea market at Expo '70 Commemorative Park runs Oct 23–25.

    Tips: bring cash in small notes, ask before photographing stalls, and a polite "kore wa ikura desu ka?" (how much is this?) goes a long way. Tortoiseshell and ivory items may need export paperwork.

    For dates I use a free bilingual event map a friend of mine built. Its Tokyo antique-market list is here: https://eventory.one/top-events/jp/tokyo/markets/antique-markets . Confirm with the organiser before you go.

    Happy hunting,
    Stan
     
    wlwhittier, bosko69 and Marote like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Heading Tokyo
Forum Title Date
Antique Discussion Various finds in Tokyo antique fairs Dec 11, 2025
Antique Discussion Combs found in Tokyo antique fairs Dec 11, 2025

Share This Page