Heavy Glass Vase with Applied Flowers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures Fancy Endeavours. That's my user ID on eBay now.

Do you think this might be a recent Chinese made glass vase? It's heavy and has these nice purple flowers applied on the surface. Can anyone ID it and/or the type of flowers they're supposed to be? It's 5" tall.

Thanks so much!

Juli

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Pretty nice, haven't seen any Chinese glass like that *yet* - but haven't been looking much either ..has a sort of French feel on first glance, look a bit like droopy Irises ...

judy and aaroncab like this.
  3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The unpolished bottom says China to me.
    I can be wrong though.

5. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Yeah, when the bottom is cloudy like that, I think China, too. But it is smooth. So, I don't know.

"Droopy Iris" LOL! Sounds good to me!

judy likes this.
  6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

No. One of the San Francisco shops, Or that Neighborhood, I'm east coast.

I just packed three or four of them for auction. its based upon Monet's Water Garden....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/236931630367973372/

Colors are different but this is it. they made a whole line of vases, bowls, paperweights.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@Cherryhill
    Those are some stunning paperweights.
    Thanks for the link

Grateful and aaroncab like this.
  8. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Cherryhill, are you saying you think this was made by Daniel Salazar Glass? I'm looking but I don't see anything with applied flowers on the outside of the glass.

9. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Yes. many were finished with an over layer of clear glass, I suspect a lot of unfinished seconds have been put on the market. That is not hard fact, it's my opinion, 3/4ths of the country away from the source.

10. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Okay. Thank you! Lundberg Studios is related and is quite popular. I like it! I'll keep looking.

11. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Hmmm...maybe it's Orient and Flume. They're nearby in Chico, California. It just feels more similar to me. BWDIK?

12. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Interestingly, I find that Chinese productions do not have bottoms like this, usually have a ground pontil, sometimes rough, sometimes not-so-rough ...rarely flat ground and unpolished.

Draft saved Draft deleted