Heirloom Weiman Quality accent table.

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Kjk, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Kjk

Kjk New Member

Bought this for the pink marble top. Wanting to know about table, history, and value of table. Found other furniture made by this company but cannot find another table like the one purchased. Attached pictures to post. rps20190603_105727.jpg rps20190603_105842.jpg rps20190603_105938.jpg rps20190603_105957.jpg rps20190603_110049.jpg rps20190603_110116.jpg

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

There are a number of Weiman marble top pieces on Ebay. Although I didn't see this exact version, I think you could get a ball park idea of value if you search under completed/sold and see what other items were actually selling for. I would estimate this was made in the 1960s/70s.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and i need help like this.
  3. Kjk

Kjk New Member

Yeah that is what I was thinking, because of the square legs makes it look late 50s-70s modern type design. I cant seem to find that table, or even info on the production line model number. I did find other peices with marble tops same in color though. Thanks for info/ advice, I'm going to give that a try.

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Lucille.b

i need help and Houseful like this.
  5. Kjk

Kjk New Member

Wow, I have been trying to look for a similar table for 9 months now! Thank you!! Dont want to sell just wondering about info, value and what not. I bought it for the marble top to place on Greek column pedestals for a entry table.

i need help, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id love to see a pic when youve got it set up. This is the exact same finish that was on my parents dining room set.Even as a kid I thought "It looks like plastic!"
    Just wanted to add I like the shape of the table.Id hold onto it,you never know in 10 years.

i need help, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  7. Kjk

Kjk New Member

rps20190603_121522.jpg

8. Lucille.b

Oh, what a fun set-up. Well done!

Looks like the marble has been cut so it no longer fits the original table (am I seeing that right?) If that's the case, value might not be worth hanging on to the original base. No great loss -- it's nice and I'm sure was reasonably expensive when new, but even if it still had the custom cut marble, I'm not sure the kind of thing to massively appreciate.

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I think the top is turned backwards with the cut out at the wall. Picture hides it.
    Notice the horizontal line.
    upload_2019-6-3_10-10-46.png

10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Should add that it's a very attractive set up.

i need help, Christmasjoy and Kjk like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ya...i wouldn't have passed this by.......very usable ....nice marble !!!!

i need help, Christmasjoy and Kjk like this.
  12. Kjk

Kjk New Member

The marble wasnt cut, it fits orginal table correctly. I put it on backwards so that way I can put lamp wire through the little gap for easier plug in/out.

13. Kjk

Kjk New Member

Put on backwards for lamp wire for easier plug in/out. Lol.

14. Lucille.b

Now see it!

Well, in that case might be worth hanging on to the base. Not for any kind of investment necessarily, but tastes change and you might one day wish you had held onto the original base.

In any case, it's cool how you have it now. :)

15. Kjk

Kjk New Member

Thanks!

i need help likes this.
  16. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with a 70s date. I can see why you used the marble with the columns but I would prefer the table as-is over your current set up. To each his own..... No harm in splitting them up, as the table has no collector value at this point.

Kjk likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted