Featured Heisey Glass Something - Age?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 29, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this Heisey Glass piece is that I got from the reseller's treasures. It is quite lovely, but I had a hard time photographing it, so I could ask what you think it is and when it may have been created. It is 7 inches at its widest point and 3 1/2 inches at its tallest point. It is not deep enough for a bowl. It has an oval bottom. There are two ribbed knobs/handles. If you tell me what it is used for, I can research it better. Or perhaps someone knows when it's style was popular. I am very curious. Your help is sincerely appreciated.

IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0026.jpg IMG_0027.jpg IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0021.JPG

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

3. KikoBlueEyes

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I knew right off what it was. I used to deal in Depression and Elegant Depression glassware. Heisey Crysolite was a favorite pattern of mine.
    That was back YEARS ago when depression glass was a hot item and Heisey was all the rage.

5. KikoBlueEyes

Oh and I thought you sat around eating bonbons. :) I had heard vaguely about Heisey glass here, so when the reseller offered it, and I liked it's graceful lines, it became mine. I bet you have a marvelous collection.

6. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Nice - I have a cabinet full of Heisey in the basement - Very nice, clear glass...........Love the "H" in the diamond mark

ola402, LauraGarnet02, judy and 2 others like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

It is luscious stuff, I agree. A more elegant time. Can we have a glimpse?

8. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

I have a larger piece like yours. Sides may be a little taller that they call a muffin plate. Well ratz, can't find the picture right now,

9. KikoBlueEyes

Oh. I’d like to see your piece. So they made different sizes of the same sort of design?

LauraGarnet02, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Indeed - I'll write this down and take a pic tomorrow -

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I would love to see your collection.

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  12. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  13. KikoBlueEyes

Perfect. To have the number when searching takes you to much better sites, where better information is available. It's on replacements with that same date range of 1937-57. Thank you. Heisey made some real pretty stuff and this Crystolite comes in lovely forms! Interesting too that Replacements calls it "Pressed and Thin", which makes sense with "lite" being part of the name. It is ironic though as this bonbon dish weighs over a pound.

14. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Here's the Heisey - all marked. My Grandmother used to collect Heisey and when she died many years ago I got a few of her pieces and that's what started this collection. And yes, "Crystolite" does ring a bell, I do believe I have the same item as you posted? (Of course my Aunt got into the house first and took all of the expensive items :mad:)

000_6120.jpg

000_6121.jpg

15. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

DizzyDaff and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  16. KikoBlueEyes

Mine are traditional Siamese (Apple heads). They are like the original Siamese, before they started elongating their features and legs.

DizzyDaff and Rayo56 like this.
  17. KikoBlueEyes

I love it. What a fabulous collection. All kinds of shapes of clear glass. I had no idea, there were so many colored pieces, and you have so many colors! Do I see some carnival glass? I see the one like mine, but I think you may have the muffin size like Pat.

Rayo56 likes this.
  18. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Yes - A "Carnival Glass" nut indeed! Them "Fishing Trout" from Fenton make it a buying practice - LOL!

19. KikoBlueEyes

That's outstanding Heisey carnival glass. They can go for big bucks!

pearlsnblume and Rayo56 like this.
  20. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Oh, aren't they so skinny and sound like "Banshees" when they squeak/howl? I know my Mom tried her hand at those skinny Siamese and at night the howling would scare the shit out of me when I was a little kid - LOL!!!!

pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted