Hello All. I'm A Picker From Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ivanho75, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Ivanho75

Ivanho75 New Member

Hello all. My name is Ivan and I am more of a general treasure hunter/scavenger/picker/binner than a collector of any one thing in particular. I guess it could be argued I collect mason jars and coins. Lol. I just enjoy the hunt for treasure and go about it in my own way. I'm not afraid to go dumpster diving or do some big city back alley picking. In fact the vast majority of what I have acquired over the last few years has cost me $0.00. I will occasionally buy something from a thrift store but for me part of the thrill is going out and searching for and finding treasure (in my opinion) in the wild without having to pay for it other than my time and effort. The antiques and collectibles I have acquired may not be the rarest or most expensive or opulent but I've found way more than a few really neat, cool, unique items (again, in my opinion) that has made the time spent hunting worth it. I'm here hoping to find out more about a few items I have and more in general about antiques. I strive to learn as much as I can about every item I keep so I am accurate and informative when I do sell something. I've included pictures of some recent acquisitions that I am hoping some of the knowledgable folk here won't mind giving their opinion on and/or telling me about the items if they are familiar with the pieces. 3chairs (1) (1).jpg

johnnycb09, judy and kyratango like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Ivan.
    Sounds like you've figured out how to get the best 'deal', great!:)

johnnycb09, judy and kyratango like this.
  3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome on board!

johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Welcome:)

johnnycb09 and judy like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Ivan!

6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hello Ivan :)

7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Ivanho!

Nice items!

johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

welcome

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Welcome ! When I lived in Denver many years ago I was notorious for cruising the alleys on bulk pick up day. I furnished an apartment just with alley finds. People threw out some of the nicest stuff !

Any Jewelry, komokwa and kyratango like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome! We like curbside shopping in here! There's a town near me with some stupidly wealthy areas and a friend goes curbside shopping the night before heavy trash pickup to furnish friends' houses and incidentally find things for himself. People throw out crazy stuff.

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  11. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted