Hello ... better late than never

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by quirkygirl, Dec 22, 2014.

1. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

OK - Komokwa's thread reminded me that I never never introduced myself before I started posting .... I had been lurking for so long it just felt as if I already knew you all.

First thanks to Skeezix for pointing me here, Peter for creating this friendly and informative venue, and Davey and Skeezix (again) for watching over it.

I started buying certain antiques about 20 years ago ... items that had a nostalgic connection ... mostly trying to replace stuff that had been stolen or otherwise removed from my grandfather's (now mine), summer home which dates back to the early 19th century.

The more I touched and looked at antiques, the more I began to appreciate the time, energy, and skill that craftsmen (or women) would invest in the items that they made.

I am far from knowledgeable about any particular area and enjoy doing the research about each new item that "talks" me into bringing it home. My desire to gain more knowledge came after purchasing several items (from antique shops as well as eBay) touted as being antique ... but which turned out to be misrepresented.

I do occasionally sell items that, as it turned out, were mere "flings" and not true long lasting 'till death we do part relationships.

One final thanks (for now) for all the help that has already been given ... I did try to give thanks individually in each thread as the occasion presented itself... but I'm pretty certain that I must have missed one or two.

*crs*, Figtree3, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  2. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

You always seemed like one of the crowd. :cat:

quirkygirl likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Glad you made it:)

5. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

A delayed "Hi!" to QG.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

And a hearty welcome to you !!!

7. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Welcome quirkygirl to the best antique site there is.
    Mikey

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Thanks for posting this nice message, quirkygirl -- and for doing less lurking!

9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Hi! Officially!

10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with the above --you seem like you've always been here. :cat:

Great bunch of folks on this board, incredible knowledge and kindly shared. I've learned so much over the years, not just my own posts, mostly from reading others. It has been a game-changer for me and I have a lot of gratitude. I'm a much more effective buyer. It is a wonderful place.

P.S. Like the name "quirkygirl".

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  11. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

It's been a pleasure having you hear.

12. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Hear? Here, here! ;)

13. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I like it very much here .... feels like home.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted