Featured Hello everyone <3 I have a ring with cattle on it

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Oct 26, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Hello friends x
    I haven't been out in the wild for ages and ages BUT I have still managed to bring some beauty into Jones Towers ( though no one loves this little thing,except me )

I got this little thing from eBay,it was only cheap. It did have a little bit of verdigris on it,and still has a teeny bit in the closeups but I still think it could be a low grade gold? **With the usual disclaimer I KNOW NOTHING **

The seller said she was told it was from Tibet.
    I asked an archaeologist friend online what he thought as he was around and he said he thought the animal depicted on the inner band was a yak as it's not galloping.
    He said something about Balinese and did it have the symbol for OM on it?
    I didn't know what that was so I looked and I don't think it does.

It fits me so it's not very big. I think this is all I know about it xx
    I love the little thing...Oh! I meant to mention I don't believe it's the original *stone* in fact not even sure it is a stone . It's cold, deffo not plastic. It doesn't fit and there seems to be some sort of resin around it
    Thank you my friends.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Any Jewelry, judy and kyratango like this.
  2. BoudiccaJones

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure if this is a bit clearer or not ...may as well add another pic as I am here

KSW, Rec, Any Jewelry and 1 other person like this.
  3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Love it too! Pretty and cheap and unusual!
    Not gold in it IMO, some more cleaning with vinegar on a q-tip for the verdigris and wear it with joy:)

4. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

And Joy would LOVE to wear it !!! LOLOL ... Joy. :)

judy, KSW, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  5. BoudiccaJones

Thank you lovely xxx
    If feels and smells like it has gold in it , I am almost sure it's not brass as brass reeks but again,clueless!cxxx

judy, Christmasjoy, KSW and 2 others like this.
  6. BoudiccaJones

hehe thank you lovely Joy...I am wearing it now and I love her! xx

judy, Christmasjoy, KSW and 2 others like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hi Bou.:)
    Love the ring, and I think you may have something special. I have no proof, but I am just looking at the combination of what makes up your ring. Just a theory.
    So, are you sitting down?:playful:

It looks like it could be a personalized 'Indo ring'.
    Indo rings are rings with talismanic stones, worn in Indonesia. Most Indo rings are brass, but they can be other metals. The most important thing is the stone.
    In Indonesian terms, the stone in your ring is a 'pirus Abdul Razak'. Pirus is Indonesian for turquoise. The most sought after turquoise is the stone with a gold matrix, the pirus Abdul Razak.
    In general, pirus is said to bring inner peace, ward off evil, and bring good luck. The pirus Abdul Razak is thought to have the extra quality of making the wearer loved by everyone.:happy:

If your ring is an Indo ring, it is highly personalized. In such cases, the owner would consult a 'Dukun', an Indonesian Shaman, who would tell him which stone to use and which symbols should be on the ring.
    The ring would have been made by a Shamanic jewellery maker. If you feel there is gold in the alloy, it could be a special alloy, made specifically for this purpose.
    On the Indonesian islands of Java, Madura and Bali, the alchemy of metals is part of Shamanism.

The animal on the inside is there for the wearer only, no one else can see it. It is like a Shamanic power animal.
    The animal looks like a Madura bull to me, a cross between local wild banteng cattle and zebus from Sri Lanka. Many have a hump, like a zebu has.

Here is a statuette of a Madurese bull racer (don't look that up :nailbiting:). I think the shape and posture of the animal on the inside of your ring resembles these bulls.

[​IMG]

MIRED, judy, komokwa and 7 others like this.
  8. BoudiccaJones

Oh my goodness, my AJ...:O I am enthralled!!! Thank you,thank you...I can't take all that in,in one go! I need to read it a few times...I am so grateful you share your knowledge with us here AJ x

I really does feel and smell like a low grade gold but I am no expert...the animal inside does look like that one you pictured.

I have loads and loads of information you have given me,I need to go and do some more looking and I am going to try to learn,too. I need to read all you've written to me a few more times at least! (How do you hold all that and all the other info in one head? O )

This little thing had a **feel**, I could sense something from it even from the eBay pics which were blurry and I am not spiritual in any way at all, I just felt a something.

LOVE having things to research. How did this little thing come to me...always makes me wonder. I've been so lucky in the past and I am so grateful.

Again thank you my AJ , turquoise is my fave stone and I know you love it too,and Mrs. B too! I REALLY love turquoise. Something about it is special.

Off to do a deep dive with the info you gave me. Thank you again now & always xxx

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Take your time, Bou, I know it is a lot to take in. I am glad you are happy with it, both you and the ring deserve it.:kiss:
    If it is indeed an Indo ring (and I think so), you were meant to have it. It found its way to you after its first owner abandoned it.
    First owners sometimes give an Indo ring away after it has served its purpose, or when they think the time has come for it to help someone else.

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  10. BoudiccaJones

AJ I needed this, how strange it came NOW. I am beyond grateful. I absolutely love her, I knew I would. I didn't know I'd love her as much as I did though and she really made me smile as soon as she came. I did feel **something**. I love nice things, I have a lot of nice things **COUGH** but this one felt REALLY special. And...turquoise. Turquoise is a cut above always I think!

I appreciate your lovely words just as much as I appreciate my ring. She means more to me than normal things because ... well I am not sure. I just fell in love xxx

judy, komokwa, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  11. BoudiccaJones

...she fits me perfectly too **HURRAH**... have skinny fingers and they often just drop off. This is a perfect fit xxx

12. BoudiccaJones

Meant to say as well, thank you Kyra I'll cotton tip some vinegar, it's hard to see with eyes only as it's teeny but I know where it is thanks to the pic. In fact I can hardly see it with my naked eye but when it's gone I shan't be able to see it at ALL!!

13. Any Jewelry

Not strange in our wonderful Indo world.:playful:
    I grew up with this kind of thing, but I also did a lot of research. Many of my Dutch-Indonesian friends wore Indo rings.
    Indo is also the nickname for us Dutch-Indonesians, so I used to think the rings were specifically for Indos.:hilarious:

Nowadays Indo is also regarded as short for "In Nederland door omstandigheden", meaning "in the Netherlands due to circumstances". The circumstances being historical ones, most people would rather have stayed.

[​IMG]

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  14. BoudiccaJones

That is quite,quite fascinating. Such a lot to learn in this lovely ( most of the time) world we live in! SO MUCH to learn. Love learning. Wish I could take it in but a bit will hopefully stick xx

15. Christmasjoy

It came to you because 'YOU WERE MEANT TO HAVE IT BOU' !!! .. :):):)
    Joy.

KSW, Any Jewelry, judy and 2 others like this.
  16. BoudiccaJones

Joy,I am beyond thrilled. SO LUCKY...I had a vibe about her before she even came and I'm not spiritual at all but some things are beyond explanation xxx

KSW, Any Jewelry, judy and 2 others like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

AJ I couldn't take all that in yesterday ( still can't all of it but I will) ( well some of it hopefully will remain) and I love you know who your ancestors were and where you come from. I personally have no idea where I come from,can only trace my Fam to my Gran's birth in 1917 on the one side and no one knows who my Grandad is on the other side :eek: ( well I do lol but it's unofficial and they never wanted to claim me) so I am in awe you know that. I shall treasure this ring more than ever as it has a link with you <3
    You love turquoise,I love turquoise ( and my Mrs. B) so it's another bond for me xxx

( Edited to add...I feel so special with this little ring,I love her. SO weird how we get bonds with certain things. Turquoise reminds me of my Gran who DID love and was proud to claim me so yet another nice feeling xx)

18. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Bou! She certainly was meant to be YOURS! I'm intimately sure some pieces indeed FIND us!!!:woot:

19. Christmasjoy

I SO agree with Kyra ... :) ......

20. BoudiccaJones

...bit like how the right dogs and cats /any animal find us! I love all animals specially dogs but MY dogs (and cats) are MY dogs (and cats) and I am THEIR human...life is amazing xxx

Draft saved Draft deleted