Hello from MN

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Viper1357, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Viper1357

Viper1357 New Member

New to Antiquers and not quite an antique yet myself. What brings me here other than a shared interest in cool old stuff is I recently became a (small) dealer renting a 3' x 6' lighted case space in our local antiques mall and have a lot to learn. I started in Sept this year with just one shelf (in a basement 'consignment only' case) to sell my coin ring jewelry (rings, pendants, etc.) after being just a customer buying some old coins from them for that purpose and striking up a conversation about it. One thing leads to another and I got the beginning shelf, and October moved into two shelves, December now three shelves, and just recently a dealer 'upstairs' in the main walkway is leaving this Jan, so I was offered his full six shelf case for rent and not consignment. After some thought and number crunching I figured I could make it, so I took them up on it.

So now I find myself looking at estate auctions, sales, etc. looking for bargains or even cool stuff that would be cool just to have/collect, but my wife also thinks all of my personal collection of vintage/antique stuff will be nice to put at the antiques store.

So I'm hoping to learn a few and/or a lot of things about antiques and vintage stuff because I didn't realize how much I didn't know, until I'm now having to try to buy and sell some things for my new (somewhat $$ committed) hobby!

Joe2007 and Houseful like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u r very brave...........greetings

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Viper!

5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome Viper. I hope we can help you with your adventure.

6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like an interesting situation to be in. Please keep us updated on how it goes.

7. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

8. Viper1357

Viper1357 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes, and I'm already learning a bit perusing through different threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted