Hello, I'm new!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sweetwillow555, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Not really, I'm gonna have to practice this, boy do I feel out of the times, but then again, I didn't grow up with computers and don't get on forums much lol

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

It will be fine, lots of people here to help. :)

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Maybe wrong, but very nice.:) It looks like serpentine jade to me, so serpentine which looks like jade, but isn't.

4. Thank you, Any for your input!

6. Sorry Anym I accidently clicked on the button before I got my message in, I bought this awhile ago and just enjoyed it because it was so different. I've read up on jade tallys and the practical ones were bronze, they didn't use jade tallys because they were unpredictable and could break, so i had a good idea this one wasn't authentic, but I still liked it :).

7. Any Jewelry

I can see why, I like it too. Things don't have to be authentic to be nice. As long as it is not a deliberate fake, and you don't pay too much, it is fine.

8. Well, it was sold as authentic, but before I ever purchased it, I did alot of reading on these, and that;s where I came up with information on tallys, I went into purchasing this with my eyes open, knowing it was fake, but I love it and didn't give a whole lot for it. I think they did a nice job and it makes a great study piece.

judy, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. I have a few more I'll be posting shortly!

10. IMG-20190602-WA0033_zpsmkaafckm.jpeg here is the other half of my tally

Any Jewelry likes this.
  11. Here is my little servant... 20170718_235220_zpssxvcbh9t.jpg

Christmasjoy, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Lovely. Again, serpentine jade, imo. Not very old.
    Looks like another cutie, and this one looks like jade. Since it is Chinese, it wouldn't be a Chimera, but certainly a myhtical beast.
    Could we see the front and side?

kyratango, judy and sweetwillow555 like this.
  13. Thank you for your input Any, yes, I will send a couple more pic of both sides and the front :)

14. It will be later today, though!

15. Here is the side of my mythical beast 20180731_024211_zps79zatflq.jpg

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  16. I have this also with the box, can anyone tell me about the box? And here is the jade that came with it. IMG-20190602-WA0000_zps9enqd47d.jpg IMG-20190602-WA0002_zpsiawzzdkv.jpg IMG-20190602-WA0019_zpsubzjb3am.jpg IMG-20190602-WA0021_zpsam82j1sp.jpg

17. I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves!! Now that I have this figured out, I may be going overboard with posting :)

Christmasjoy, kyratango and judy like this.
  18. Front and sides of mythical beast 20190608_203332_zpsuiyiapor.jpg 20190608_203319_zpsb6glmjjh.jpg

judy likes this.
  19. Any Jewelry

Maybe you could start a new thread, you are still in Introductions.;)
    Your beasty and the other jade are gorgeous, both nephrite jade.
    The box is a generic gift box. The carving in it is made of the prized mutton fat jade.:happy:

Is it possible to take daylight photos? It helps with seeing carving techniques, and with possible dating (difficult).

Christmasjoy, kyratango and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted