Hello, I'm new!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sweetwillow555, Jun 5, 2019.

1. This is awesome!! I'll start a new thread. As to daylight photos, do you mean take the pictures outside?

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Pictures in front of a window during daylight (no direct sunshine) are fine.

When you photograph in a rather dark area with only one light source, you get 'mood pictures', photos where some parts of the object are lit up, and the rest is in the shadows.
    We would like to see every part. Like in this photo of a Peking glass snuff bottle for instance, taken near a window:
    upload_2019-6-10_12-46-58.jpeg

Christmasjoy, kyratango and judy like this.
  3. Hello everybody, Any, I just went ahead and posted these on here. When I tried to start a new convo, for some reason, "upload a file" wasn't an option, I couldn't 20190610_153834_zpsgdunhvgy.jpg 20190610_153858_zpsiypl56nw.jpg find it.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Still not very clear to me, just that it is cute and jade, but we knew that already.;)
    I didn't mean a photo of the item with a window, but with natural light from the window falling on the front of the item, like the one I posted. So not backlit by a window with some additional artificial lighting (flash?), like these.:) And for jade a white background is best, especially for us amateur photographers.
    Can't see enough detail to say anything about the age, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted