Hello to the other members !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Calico, May 30, 2014.

1. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, and thank you Fig, for the invitation.
    I'm Calico aka: Karen and some of you probably recognize me from the Ebay Jewelry and Antiques Boards.
    I'm a 52 year old New Englander, with 2 grown children and 2 cats, who are my babies.
    I've been disabled since age 12 from a diving accident, I fractured my neck by diving into a 4' pool.
    I was paralyzed from the shoulders down, had 2 neck fusions and spent 6 months in rehab. I now use a wheelchair to get around, although in my younger days I was able to use a cane (getting old has taken it's toll).
    Anyway...vintage jewelry is my passion and I love everything old and antique, especially salt glazed stoneware, samplers and bottles.
    I also do graphics so if anyone wants a personalized avatar, etc...just let me know.
    All that said, I hope this forum only adds to our knowledge of all things 'antique' and we develop friendly relationships in the process.
    Thanks again !
    Karen

2. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Oh, what a great message:kiss:.
    Welcome Calico!

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Welcome aboard!

Ahhh Stoneware, samplers, and bottles. A girl after my own heart.
    My first love is antique bottles. I've been involved in the field since my early teens. Been buyin' and sellin' em for about 45 years now. We specialized in historic flasks and fruit jars in particular with a few figural (barrel) bitters thrown in for fun.

I'm a generalist in antiques. I know about...well...a lot, but bottles, jars, flasks, and EARLY AMERICAN glass are my forte'.

Tauriel likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Karen!

Your avatar picture is lovely! Is that a family member?

6. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

What a warm welcome, thank you. :)
    Skeezix, I started getting interested in bottles when my older brother started digging them in the early 1970's. I would go with him and we had so much fun digging in old privies, behind homestead walls, etc. I learned early on how to find the old dumping areas in our area.
    I had a huge collection by the age of 30, however I had to sell quite a few of it when I split with my children's father, I had 2 small kids to support.
    That was my first selling foray into Ebay, selling my bottles.
    My favorites are inks and historical flasks, I love the colors.
    I managed to save some odd bottles and have them displayed in my windows on shelves.

Bakersgma, yes, that's my mother, she is in this avatar and my Ebay avatar. She was beautiful, inside and out and I miss her every day.

Thanks again for the warm welcome !
    Karen

7. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

8. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Thank you Dave. :)

9. Linda

Linda New Member

Karen, You know I love ya more'n my luggage! And isn't it nice to post and not get spanked every time I fart....

Maybe you could jazz up my Avatar with some mg's around it?
    :D

Tauriel and Bev aka thelmasstuff like this.
  10. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Sure Linda ! Do you have the original picture you could send me, it may be easier if I have that to work with. If not, then I'll see what I can do with the one posted.

11. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Hi there Karen! So good to see you here. :happy:

12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

13. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Thanks so much Antidiem !

Linda, here's an avatar, hope you like it. ;)

Attached Files:

14. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

Thank you Bev !

15. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have invited mforjan (she lives about 5 miles away from me) but she's busy right now. I'm sure she'll be over soon. I also invited silverthwaite, but she's being curmudgeonly. Maybe someone else can invite her. Davey is limited because, after all, he's been BANNED FOR LIFE. I got banned for three days just for mentioning his name.

Maybe it's time to give three cheers to Davey since, if it weren't for him, we wouldn't be here and we'd be moping around without our Antique Forum fix every day. Hip hip hooray for our Dave. :D

Tauriel likes this.
  16. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

How did Davey get banned for life ? Let me guess, it had something to do with DSS ?

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  17. Linda

Linda New Member

I Love it!!! Thank You! :kiss::joyful::D

18. Calico

Calico Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :cat:

19. Linda

Linda New Member

This new forum is going to take some getting used to! And I love love love my new pic!

20. Linda

Linda New Member

I too, have been banned for life. Again. And since Lithium looks at ISP's, if you make a new sock, they spank that one as well. No matter, my blood pressure is much lower now that I don't read there and light my hair on fire when tools are around. :inpain:

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted