Help Authenticating Elfinware?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by liv, Jun 25, 2019.

1. liv

liv New Member

All the elfinware forget-me-not dresser boxes I've seen online are perfectly circular and 6" in diameter, the one i just picked up is the same 3" in height as the other ones online, and looks identical, but it's an oval, around 6x4"

It has no "elfinware" stamp on the bottom which means it's probably pre-1940, but it doesn't have the "germany" stamp either...

It does have the flowers printed on the inside of the lid, and there are some markings on it. "5" in black ink on the inside of the lid, "41" in red/orange ink on the inside of the lid, "5" in black ink on the bottom, and "502" faintly depressed into the bottom, all marks are very small and seem quite old.

Any guidance or info would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Liv, and welcome!

I'm not an expert on Elfinware, but I imagine someone here knows far more about it than I do!

In any case, I know that people will need to see photos, clear and in-focus, of your dresser box, inside and out, including the bottom. If you need assistance in posting photos here, just ask, and someone will help!

Bakersgma, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

All the elfinware forget-me-not dresser boxes I've seen online..........

Now...for just a moment...imagine when you looked online...and there were no pictures....not a damn one !

That kinda sums up what SBSVC is driving at !

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted