Help! Can you identify this statuette ornament?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by James Munro, May 18, 2021.

1. James Munro

James Munro New Member

Hello all, I hope you can help.

I have found a statuette of a 18th century European man of means. It is porcelain. The date 1789 is on the bottom as well as a separate number 16. The gentleman depicted wears a white wig, blue overcoat and waistcoat, purple knee length "shorts", white stockings and red shoes.

I would like to know when and where this comes from (I'm not sure I the date on the bottom is referring to date of production or the time period it depicts.) I would like to know if there are others like this one, and if they are worth more than a trip to the charity shop.

I wanted to upload an image, however this site will not let me as the files are too large. I am happy to send images through another medium if you prefer.

Thank you in advance, I hope you can help me.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

If the photo is own your phone, try emailing it to yourself as size medium. That should reduce the size for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted