Help Chinese Pewter Identification

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Brink, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Brink

Brink New Member

Can anyone identify the Chinese pewter marks (pic at bottom) Love to know where it came from. I'm guessing it was a tea caddy but could be wrong.
    Many thanks.

Caddy1.jpg chinese pewter mark.jpg

scoutshouse and kyratango like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

They're usually Swatow, I think.

i need help and judy like this.
  3. Brink

Brink New Member

Thank you.
    Just checked with some of the Swatow marks online and the characters are different for the ones I can find posted though the caddy does look like some of the Swatow pieces.

4. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

This is a pewter tea can. http://www.997788.com/80063/auction_1345_7694931.html

This link shows a can with same seals on the bottom.

The 4 chracters on right side 潮城 春记 Chao Cheng Chung Ji where Chao Cheng means Chao town, and Chun Ji means Chun shop.

The 4 characters on the left are 包换点铜 Bao Huan Dian Tong, They have the meaning of "Guarantee to exchange for copper". However, I do not know what they really meant in old China.

I would say it is the Republic period, say 1940s

Draft saved Draft deleted