Featured Help dating a Fulper pottery little bell

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Sep 29, 2021.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I could really use some input and advice on this little bell.
    It measures 4 1/2" tall. Not really sure what it is supposed to be. a vegetable?
    Does the mark look legit?
    Any guess on age?
    I'm not going to ask the $ question, Although i haven't been able to find another one.
    Mikey
    atree 27784.jpg atree 27785.jpg atree 27788.jpg atree 27791.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I know nothing about Fulper and have no way to check but there are some on Worthpoint calling it Morning Glory bell from the Novelty Line.

This is a similar blue one.
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fulper-25-art-deco-morning-glory-1826197692

MORNING GLORY SONNETTE MAID'S BELL' 333 NOVELTY LINE

This rare Fulper 'Morning Glory Sonnette Maid's Bell' stands 4.25" high by 3.25" in diameter. It is one of a number of designs by the Fulper Pottery, a 'Porcelaine' Novelty line piece. This bell, with its original porcelain clapper, is in the form of a Morning Glory. It is glazed in a rainbow of pastel colors, the 'variegated' color palette according to the original catalog. This bell is finished to a satin sheen. It is marked with the Fulper racetrack ink stamp on the underside, dating it between 1922 and 1928. There is no damage.
    upload_2021-9-29_18-37-49.png

judy, Bronwen, Bakersgma and 4 others like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

I did find this in the Fulper-Stangl Potteries Museum.

https://stanglpottery.org/fulperglimpses.htm

upload_2021-9-29_18-48-52.png

upload_2021-9-29_18-46-49.png
    The left side of the cabinet has a WWI era Fulper doll head and complete doll, as well as a small example of the variety of Fulper Porcelaine novelties produced during the 1920s. The right side shows a few examples of the Fulper Fayence line of artware that was produced from 1924 to 1928.

judy, Bronwen, moreotherstuff and 3 others like this.
  4. 916Bulldogs123

Thank you @say_it_slowly Wonder what the worthpoint one sold for. Mine has a couple small chips in the glaze, But it was .49 cents.
    Mikey

judy and Bronwen like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

Someone with an account may know. I wouldn't have guessed it was Fulper just based on my very limited understanding of what they look like. Who knew? Learn something new every day. I don't know if they've been reproduced or not though someone probably knows such things:)

judy and Bronwen like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Kronos - a little WP help needed, please. :happy::happy::happy:

judy likes this.
  8. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Worthpoint: $74.99 (2016)

9. 916Bulldogs123