Help Finding The Artist

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JJ FLIPS, Jan 23, 2020.

1. JJ FLIPS

JJ FLIPS Member

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not much to go on............ but we'll give it a whirl..:playful:

KikoBlueEyes, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

4. antidiem

Is the color of the green in your photograph accurate?
    A dark forest green? Or is it a little bit lighter color of green in reality?

KikoBlueEyes, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

There seems to be a bit of writing in the far right upper corner, but I wasn't able to pull it up stronger............

X3Optimized-IMG-0466-2-edit.jpg

antidiem likes this.
  6. JJ FLIPS

JJ FLIPS Member

Hello guys, so...yes the color is accurate in the photo to what the actual color is, in person!

antidiem likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Does the smaller piece have the same initials on the bottom or different? Can we see?

8. antidiem

It ::might:: have been made by a Hawaiian artist on the Big Island, but it's been a few years since I've seen their work and never looked at their signature.

I don't have their name handy, but the light green touch on the smaller piece (and green in general) is what I have seen, although even in your case, the designs vary. In any event, it is studio pottery, and appears to be nice quality. I think the small piece holds chopsticks and whatnot.

9. antidiem

If you measure and show exact size of small piece with close up of texture in bottom, later I can go look at the few pieces I have to see if the cloth pattern from their clay building table may appear to match. The light green part is right on and the designs are fairly broad, although organic and typical.

JJ FLIPS likes this.
  10. JJ FLIPS

JJ FLIPS Member

Very nice! Thank you so much for all the helpful information; I am away for a few hours today; as soon as I get back I will gladly get that for you! Thanks so much! I appreciate all of your help!

antidiem likes this.
  11. JJ FLIPS

JJ FLIPS Member

12. JJ FLIPS

JJ FLIPS Member

Hello everyone! Just checking in to see if anyone was able to get any idea of what these two would be considered or even maybe any artist info! Thanks so much!

Draft saved Draft deleted