Help! Great grandmas Tiffany ring 1920-1940?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Austin95, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Austin95

Austin95 New Member

I’m getting married soon and will be wearing my great grandmas diamond and sapphire Tiffany’s bracelet. My mom inherited from grandma. Due to some family drama up until recently I knew very little about my great grandpa, I knew he was a political figure but had no idea he was so influential. I’ve been researching and learning about my family history and the bracelet feels like a really cool link to my family and something nice to have with me on my wedding day and I’d love to know more about it. I’ve been told my great grandma wore it often and wasn’t gentle with it which is apparent as the Tiffany stamp on the clasp is worn, but still legible, just hard to photograph. It’s also stamped “irid plat” on the other side. I’ve googled and found very similar bracelets but not exactly the same that are dated in the 1920’s however based on when his political career really got going I would have assumed he would have purchased around 1930-1940, but no one really knows. Trying to figure out how to attach photos here. Appears to be art deco style. Best bet maybe is to take it to Tiffany’s and get it checked out? I want to get the clasp checked before the wedding anyway.

KSW and kyratango like this.
  2. Austin95

Austin95 New Member

3. Austin95

Austin95 New Member

4. Austin95

Austin95 New Member

I know photos aren’t the best, I just snapped a couple when we pulled it out of the safe deposit box quickly to try on

kyratango likes this.
  5. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

You didn't give us an image of the Tiffany stamp so we can't really say on that part. As far as I know Tiffany's does not do authentication, but they will service a piece so I would suggest you go in and pay to have them do so. That way it'll be secure and nice and shiny for your day. They may send it away from the store to do this.

You, your mother, and any other interested family members should consider wearing it more often. Get it insured, but let it out of the box to sparkle. Jewelry should be worn and it's a nice piece!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I understand they don't service an item , not their own..

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

here I am looking for a ring....:playful::playful::playful:

trip98 and bluumz like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Tiffany will only clean authentic pieces, so that will be an indicator.

KSW, kyratango and mirana like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Oh, and I’d get a safety chain fitted on that.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

As above. Take it to TIFFANY'S for cleaning and any repairs. TIFFANY'S does have an archive and will research individual pieces but... It is a selective, lengthy, and expensive process.

Debora

11. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

You sure will be "sportin" on your big day. :cool:
    Beautiful and elegant bracelet. Blue sapphire is my favorite gem and definitely get a safety chain.
    Have a great future!!!
    Screenshot_2021-03-04 free emoji clipart thumbs up at DuckDuckGo.png

KSW likes this.
  12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @Austin95 & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

You will also have something blue & something old already taken care of with this bracelet. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted