HELP I Bidded against 5 others

Discussion in 'Art' started by mdlock, Apr 16, 2021.

1. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

20210416_150304_resize_92.jpg 20210416_150213_resize_14.jpg 20210416_150229_resize_75.jpg 20210416_150330_resize_82.jpg 20210416_150342_resize_70.jpg I did not know why everybody was bidding and on a whim because no time to research. I paid up hopefully was a wise decision. Was not permitted to get any info from other bidders as was an online auction. And bidders are not disclosed. Fingers crossed someone might be able to identify something. I have literally tried everything.

TraceyB likes this.
  2. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Sorry about lamp I will fix when I get home.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

4. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I am guessing the last name is Kuhn? Middle looks like Howel, but that does not appear to be a name. It must be a different name. I checked Kuhn and variations on Kuhn in my books, nothing made sense for your painting.

judy, TraceyB and Anouchka FG like this.
  5. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Thanks same here. I paid over 500 for it. I have done things like this before and had them pay off big time. Hoping for a similar result. If it had only been 2 or 3 bidders I would not have done it. But who knows?

judy and TraceyB like this.
  6. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Yeah, you've got me curious now. That many people going big makes you think there is something to it. I'm kinda stuck on the first name as to whether that is a capital J and then a capital H or J something else and a lowercase t. Is it in marker or paint? Looks like it was painted in opaque watercolor.

judy likes this.
  7. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Its an acrylic on paper and I also maybe see an M as first letter.

judy likes this.
  8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't think this helps much but it's enhanced a bit. Maybe the last name is something like Kucher?

upload_2021-4-16_19-3-17.png

judy likes this.
  9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

judy likes this.
  10. mdlock

mdlock Well-Known Member

Thank you all for trying I have emailed the auction to see if they can give me any info. If I get any information I will pass it on.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted