Featured Help I/D Chinese copper and Enamel pot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Zeppelin78, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

76DDF7E0-CD8D-4C0D-A556-6A597D9EAA03.jpeg 14B29A10-31F7-4841-B36E-2F8CDA5C303C.jpeg 373002A3-8DA7-4738-9374-64A0929B5632.jpeg 84BD390F-859D-4F05-B6CB-1EEE8A30481E.jpeg C79E4A0F-034E-4E77-8AE1-6A100EAF665F.jpeg 072CAACD-D793-4FC5-A968-88E086FE1B93.jpeg DD65109B-F893-41B1-A45C-78748240D871.jpeg A9878603-CE39-4274-8318-70DFD491E16F.jpeg Hello everyone I was wondering if someone could give me some info on this copper and porcelain bowl or pot I found it in the trash and was going to put it with my copper scrap since it does have damage to the porcelain but I thought I better find out more about it before it get Scrapped it’s a amazing piece but with the damage it’s something I usually wouldn’t keep especially if it’s something newer or mass produced anyways if anyone can give me some info and maybe Translate the hallmark I would Greatly appreciate it and like always thanks for everyone time. Matt.

Attached Files:

judy, dude, Darkwing Manor and 4 others like this.
  2. Zeppelin78

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

4. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I think that is a Chinese Dragon.

judy, dude, Darkwing Manor and 6 others like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The mark is Chinese.

7. 916Bulldogs123

8. Zeppelin78

dude likes this.
  9. Zeppelin78

Enamel is the word I meant to put thanks bakersgma. For the correction

judy, dude, Boland and 3 others like this.
  10. 916Bulldogs123

Looks to have some age to it. I wouldn't be surprised if if is 19th Century.

judy, dude, Boland and 5 others like this.
  11. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

As others have said it's Chinese and it's an apocryphal Qianlong mark. It looks like a late 19th or early 20th century example and much better painted than most from the period. It will have value even with the damage, so worth offering for sale.

kentworld, judy, dude and 8 others like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.
    I love the way the dragon takes the plunge in an attempt to catch the pearl of wisdom.;) Which will be futile, as ever.

judy, kyratango, dude and 6 others like this.
  13. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Canton or Peking enamel on copper 19th century! Lovely piece :woot:

judy, dude, Boland and 4 others like this.
  14. Zeppelin78

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies now I can do some checking into it guess it will be saved from the scrap pile. Thanks once again. Matt

judy, dude, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  15. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I thought the dragon looked like he just discovered his chute didn't open ,but Any Jewelry is probably more correct.

judy, kyratango, dude and 5 others like this.
  16. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Please send your address. :angelic:

judy, kyratango, dude and 5 others like this.
  17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

really xtra nice and fine art work....
    the painting beats the crap out most of the Chinese work I see here !!!!!
    too bad about the damage.......if only the bowl could talk !!!!:singing::singing::jawdrop::happy::happy:

18. Zeppelin78

Thanks for the reply komokwa it does seem like something special I am Usually not to much into this type of antique but something about it Talked to me the more I looked at it I’m glad i saved it from the trash and yes the damage is very unfortunate I don’t usually collect damaged items that’s just me but I will make an exception for this Anyways thanks again komokwa and everyone else that has commented….Matt. It was in the trash can at my local swap meet last weekend.

19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

trash......it ain't !!!:happy:

judy, Darkwing Manor, dude and 2 others like this.
  20. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Super nice work. The white background is very interesting. I’ve never seen one like it in that regard. Not to say they don’t exist just that I’ve never seen it. Makes everything really pop. Interesting color palate too. I think it will sell very well damage or not.

edit: I think chips in old enamel are pretty well accepted. Still sucks and it’s a big one but collectors that don’t only accept pristine probably won’t be totally turned off by it.

judy, Darkwing Manor, dude and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted