Featured Help ID Pyrex Casserole Design Pattern, Color

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi, Folks-
    I need some help identifying the pattern name and color of a Pyrex casserole I found today. The casseroles we've handled had a colored exterior with white interior. This one is a solid color throughout. The color is a pinkish mauve. The camera gave me fits with the color and I haven't done a very good job reproducing it for you. I don't recognize this color in Pyrex nor do I know the pattern. Size is about 9-1/2" by 7" by 2-1/2". Thanks for any help with this piece. (The color is lighter than the pix would indicate.) DSCN2537.JPG DSCN2538.JPG DSCN2539.JPG DSCN2541.JPG DSCN2542.JPG

2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I checked the 3 Pyrex websites that I have and didn't see this pattern. You may have a winner there. There is a Pyrex group on FB that should be able to help. I'll check with a friend that knows her Pyrex

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  3. Lew Fisher

Thanks crs. I've been searching all morning with no luck.

pearlsnblume, judy and *crs* like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, I've not seen that pattern before, wonder if it was a prototype? The #503 1 1/2 qt is the largest of the 4 piece fridge/freezer/oven set. Do you have the lid or any other pieces? Your mark was used through the 1950s to the late 1960s.
    Here is set from 1978 for example (photo taken from Corning Museum link below)
    Maybe contact them to see if they know what the name is? I didn't see it in their pattern library
    RS2010_4_1527_500x.jpg

https://pyrex.cmog.org/content/pyrex-“woodland”-ovenrefrigeratorfreezer-set-original-box

6. Lew Fisher

Thanks. I'm going to attempt to take some better photos and ask the Corning Museum for anything they might know. It's a puzzlement.

judy, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I took a fast look in my Pyrex book and could not find it.
    If you get info, please let us know.
    You may have found a very rare item. woo hoo.

8. Lew Fisher

9. Lew Fisher

Thanks for your help with the Pyrex. I listed it on eBay so I will likely learn no more about the pattern or color. But I managed to get some photos that better reflect the color taken outside today. Your comments were appreciated.

Figtree3, judy, *crs* and 1 other person like this.
  10. *crs*

I just searched Pyrex 503 and didn't see it. What is the title or item # so I can watch it? US eBay?

11. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Took awhile to find it as I searched pink, mauve and the style number.

Just letting you know I'm watching but not a collector.

Figtree3, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

I don't see it either on ebay. I wanted to watch it.
    What is the title?

judy and *crs* like this.
  13. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Try Pyrex atomic type

judy, bercrystal and *crs* like this.
  14. *crs*

thank you sis

judy likes this.
  15. pearlsnblume

thank you sis.

judy and *crs* like this.
  16. Lew Fisher

eBay #393972139767

pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
  17. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I think you may have a winner on your hands @Lew Fisher. ;) :D:D:D:D

It has already gone up over $82.00 in the 3 hours since you listed it today. :woot::woot:

We may have a popcorn time-out come next Friday around 4:15!! :smuggrin::smuggrin::D:D:D

Your watchers are up to 14 but several of them are likely us cheering you on. :p:p

Figtree3, judy, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's up to over $100 so far. I hear a "dingdingding" on this one. Put it on my watch list. This I gotta see.

19. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

woo hoo Lew, I think so too! Good Luck, can't wait for the ending price:)

judy, pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  20. Lew Fisher

Me too. And thanks for all the encouragement everyone! One bidder said these were made in the 1970's when Pyrex was experimenting for another color to replace the white opal. But that doesn't explain the pattern design which I think would have seemed retro and not marketable by the 1970's. We may never find out. But we'll find out what its worth as of March 2022.

Figtree3, judy, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted