HELP Identify Artist Name PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Art' started by SarahLeta, Apr 21, 2018.

1. SarahLeta

SarahLeta New Member

Hello, I have tried to find this artist on the internet every which way I could google the name. Do you recognize the artist ???
    Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I have tried searching the name as well putting in different names that look like your signature but nothing came up. It could be factory art but not sure as the sea is pretty detailed. Hopefully someone else may chime in to give their opinion

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I suspect factory art and I think that linen matt is typical of factory art.... as learned in some other threads on here.

judy likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

That doesn't look like a factory art signature to me. Fr. de Almenara (or similar) is what I get. I find nothing searching along those lines. Linen liners were used on a lot of paintings besides factory art. Very popular 50s-80s. This frame looks 70s-80s to me.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have to agree with Brad. The water and the sails do not look "factory" to me.
    greg

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Might be "Fe" for "Felipe."

Debora

aaroncab likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's a fine image......if that's factory....I'm gonna start buying factory !!!!

8. aaroncab

Forgot to add my usual disclaimer that I don't really know more than a little about art - so - I'm probably wrong! :) Also I'm gonna blame my not so great functioning eyes on this one - I looked at it on my phone when I was sleepy last night - and looking at it again now on my computer I can see it's much more detailed than I thought - so - I'll flip flop and say better than factory work - just seems like it might be hard to find the artist - I've searched around a bit for various takes on that signature and haven't found anything close.

judy likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't think we've got the name right...

aaroncab and judy like this.
  10. aaroncab

Looks like:

First part probably Fe de ...

Then -

Almenars
    Almenans
    Almenara
    Other...

Or maybe the Al is Cel?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  11. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Sarah,
    Can you please post a picture of the back of the frame, please?

aaroncab likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted