Help identify darling figural porcelain inkwell...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Northern Lights Lodge, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have this darling old porcelain inkwell. I've tried to find info about where it was made and more about it for some time now....and come up empty. Beautifully painted. He stands about 8" tall x 7" long. There are removable covers over the wells. It appears that there may have been something near his foot which has broken off and been painted over with gold dots and he was perhaps holding something. Aside from that; he is in fair shape.

Does anyone know what/who the maker's marks are; age and possible value? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.
    Leslie

Attached Files:

cxgirl likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is an ink stand. Only an ink well will have only one pot for ink if it has two pots or more it is an ink stand.
    greg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I think it is German.
    Mark is similar to Sitzendorf, but I don't think it quite matches.

Should add any value is lowered because of the foot damage, and the missing ink pots.

4. Northern Lights Lodge

I think I have the pots... but yes, there is some light damage...foot, missing ? near the feet and perhaps a missing letter in his hand.

Leslie

5. Northern Lights Lodge

Thanks, that's a lead anyway!

Leslie

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That will help improve the value is they are not chipped or cracked.

Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
  7. Northern Lights Lodge

Well, sadly, it isn't in perfect condition... but "nice"...

Draft saved Draft deleted