Help identify if Qainlong vase or something else

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Natasha Rosloniec, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Natasha Rosloniec

Natasha Rosloniec New Member

I have this beautiful vase that I’m having a hard time finding online. It does have the Qainlong mark, but it differs a bit from other markings. I am assuming it must be a newer piece. You can feel the design on the outside like it’s carved. The inside has a different design than the outside, but I can’t find any vases like it. Please help me identify or give 8AB5A0EA-8A69-44FC-BEC4-38CEE42C9FCC.jpeg 8AB5A0EA-8A69-44FC-BEC4-38CEE42C9FCC.jpeg 8AB5A0EA-8A69-44FC-BEC4-38CEE42C9FCC.jpeg 7F1B7E09-61D5-46BD-9F66-54A9C0E13D69.jpeg me keywords to help me search for a similar vase to know it’s worth

I’ve shared it in a few groups, but others are drawing blanks just as I am.

more photos and video on my Facebook, I can’t figure out how to use this thread very well. https://www.facebook.com/545822135/posts/10156898784617136/

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hello, Natasha. Can you post a picture of the mark, please?

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. Natasha Rosloniec

judy, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  5. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

judy and patd8643 like this.
  6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Obviously not of the period though, more an apocryphal quality mark.

7. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

8. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Agree with blooey, apocraphyl mark, newer piece. The base looks almost brand new, at least to me. Never have seen cobalt blue decoration on the INSIDE of a vase before...very odd.

Aa far as the piece that CPW linked to...I would think a genuine qianlong period piece would be listed at quite a higher price...?

PortableTreasures, judy and blooey like this.
  9. Natasha Rosloniec

After seeing the vase above with the light inside, I decided to see what mine would look like. The photo is not fuzzy, that’s actually what it looks like. It sure is beautiful, almost as if the vase is a story.

I agree, it has to be a newer piece. I’ve researched it off and on for a few years, but it’s now eating away at me every time I look at it. I appreciate the help more than you know. I hope we can figure this out.

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  10. Natasha Rosloniec

Well, the small upload made it fuzzy..

judy likes this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a beauty, Natasha, but I am with the others, not period and probably fairly recent.
    Welcome, btw.
    The seller lists it as "A lovely piece from the Qing Dynasty, with Qianlong seal." That is 'seller speak' for: Qing period, but not Qianlong, in spite of the seal.
    To me it looks Qing period, but later than Qianlong.

Draft saved Draft deleted