Featured Help identify maker. Gold handles and green luster glaze... Deco?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Laurabe, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Laurabe

Laurabe New Member

IMG-2789.jpg IMG-2788.jpg IMG-2790.jpg

IMG-2791.jpg

Hi,

I just got this wonderful piece (vegetable serving bowl?) and have been looking for days for the maker and when it was made based on the mark.

I hope someone just "knows" and can help please. T

It is light green, luster glazed and the handles are gold. It is 10" from handle to handle, the middle round is 7.5".

Thanks so much, any help is truly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Any Jewelry, komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.
    If you go back and use Full Image - people on phones will be able to see your pictures.

Looks like a hobbyist piece. Meaning someone bought a white blank and painted it themselves.
    The picture of the piece from the side it too dark. Is it lustre ware? That was done pre WWI.

3. Laurabe

Laurabe New Member

@clutteredcloset49 thank you so much for the newbie tip! I changed the images to full sized.

Yes, it's lustre ware. It was bought at an estate where they had a lot of very old antiques so it makes sense that it would be pre-WWI.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Laurabe.

judy likes this.
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Laurabe!

Welcome to Antiquers!

Draft saved Draft deleted