Featured Help Identify these Cereal prizes!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by HippAntiques, Jun 2, 2019.

1. HippAntiques

HippAntiques Well-Known Member

We recently got a whole bunch of toys and misc from an estate sale. They had a lot of old cereal prizes and Kelloggs glasses, etc. So, that's why I'm assuming they're cereal prizes, but could be wrong.

Does anyone know if these are from cereal? If so, what kind? What are they called? Any info would be appreciated! They're like an accordion, and get bigger and smaller. I have about 15 total, different animals and colors.

Thanks! getPart.jpg

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hipp, I keep asking myself why I don't recognize these - they're awfully cute!

The only ones I found easily online were from a dead Pinterest link (i.e. no ID, altho they DID say "cereal premiums"):
    accordian animals cereal premium.jpg

I'm thinking they must have been around AFTER my own cereal-eating days (late 1950's to mid-1960's) and before (or for that matter, after) my kids' (mid-1980's to mid-1990's.)

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Thanks to INH's ID, I've now found several that say 1972.

(As I figured, between my own cereal-eating days & those of my kids!)

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I REMEMBER THOSE!!
    My "cereal eating days" (LOL) were in the 1960s/70s though I still enjoy an occasional bowl. Unfortunately, I don't remember what product they came with.

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  7. KC Watson

KC Watson Member

that's my era, but mom always bought the "bargain" cereal...LOL

8. HippAntiques

Thanks! I was trying to look them up and had to guess on what they were called, but was using everything EXCEPT "Stretch pets." lol They are pretty cute, and makes sense they're from Kellogs! The people who lived in the house (of the estate sale) had over 50 Kellogs cereal glasses that they had sent away for, and tons of Kellogg's prizes. (Mostly Cap'n Crunch)

bluumz, KikoBlueEyes and i need help like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Never heard of stretch pets before. I am shocked as I was a cereal eater for sure.
    Cute finds. BTW- Cap'n Crunch, loved that cereal. Yummmmm

i need help likes this.
  10. HippAntiques

Well, there were plenty of Cap'n Crunch toys! And there were over 30 Treasure Chests with the coins!

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Alas, I had to bid Cap'n Crunch adieu as it has gluten as do ALL the delicious cereals from my childhood and beyond. Fruit Loops, Cocoa Krispies, Sugar Pops, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, variety packs... sigh! I am left eating Rice Chex as they are gluten free and taste blah. But have no choice.

i need help likes this.
  12. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Yeah.....you know you are getting old when you can no longer eat for pleasure only for necessity........I'm with you Pearls! LOL

13. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I miss TEAM Flakes!
    TEAM Flakes were available in the US from 1963-1993. Apparently, a letter-writing campaign inspired Post Cereals (who bought the recipe from Nabisco) to bring them back recently. HOWEVER, the version that was brought back is a 3-grain version that was sold in the UK and Canada in the 1990s. The US TEAM Flakes, which is what I grew up with, is a 4-grain recipe. Apparently, those used to the 4-grain recipe, which included oats, have said the 3-grain version tastes very different. :(

[​IMG]

(My apologies to the OP for going off on a nostalgic rant.)

14. HippAntiques

No worries! And this is interesting- Never heard of this cereal!

Draft saved Draft deleted