Help Identifying a Repeated Maker’s Mark on a Gold and Turquoise Bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Dr.Love, Oct 9, 2026 at 1:38 PM.

  1. Dr.Love

    Dr.Love New Member

    Hello everyone,

    I’m hoping someone here can help me identify the maker’s mark and possible country of origin of a family heirloom bracelet.

    The bracelet is yellow gold with a grape-and-vine openwork design and turquoise cabochons. It weighs 22.87 grams and has three clearly stamped 750 marks, indicating 18-karat gold if authentic.

    What I’m most interested in is a separate symbol or group of characters stamped repeatedly on the bracelet. As you can see in the attached close-up photos, the same mark appears in several places. Some impressions are partly interrupted by the openwork cutouts, but others are quite clear.

    The mark doesn’t look like a typical Latin-letter hallmark to me. It almost looks like a script or stylized symbol, and I’m wondering whether it could be associated with Armenian, Persian/Iranian, or another Middle Eastern jewelry maker—or possibly a European maker.

    For family background, my mother was born in Japan in 1941 and moved to the United States in the early 1970s. I believe she may have given the bracelet to my paternal grandmother, who was Armenian and had lived in Iran before coming to the United States after World War II. Unfortunately, I don’t know where or when the bracelet was originally purchased.

    I’m researching its history and would love to identify the mark, maker, or approximate period of manufacture. I’m not looking to sell the bracelet; I simply want to understand what I have and learn more about its history.

    Has anyone seen this particular mark before, or can you recommend a reference catalogue that might help identify it?

    Thank you for any insight!
     

    Attached Files:

    Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  2. daveydempsey

    daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

    The mark looks Arabic or if Iranian, Farsi.
     
    Bronwen likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

    Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

    A beautiful heirloom.
    The script with those upright/vertical letters looks Armenian to me, but I don't read Armenian myself, so I couldn't tell you what it says. Maybe your paternal grandmother's name?

    The turquoises are Persian turquoise, and many goldsmiths in Iran were Armenian. Persian turquoise has been traded worldwide for centuries, but this looks like Armenian Persian work to me. I have an Armenian Iranian 18k gold and turquoise ring.
    I have no reason to believe it is anything other than 18k gold.
     
    stracci likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

    Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

    stracci likes this.
  5. komokwa

    komokwa The Truth is out there...!

    someone wanted to make quite sure you knew it was 750 !!!!!!:hilarious:
     
    stracci likes this.
  6. Bronwen

    Bronwen Well-Known Member

    Since we don't know which way is up:

    upload_2026-10-9_13-48-14.png

    upload_2026-10-9_13-48-42.png

    upload_2026-10-9_13-49-29.png upload_2026-10-9_13-49-55.png

    upload_2026-10-9_13-54-51.png

    Were your parents married after your mother moved to the US? I think it was new when your grandmother acquired it.

    Very pretty. The mix of bluer & greener turquoise seems very Middle Eastern, maybe Turkish. I do not see Arabic script among the marks & no Eastern Arabic fineness marks.

    These are current Japanese fineness marks, but the Mint says they were changed in 2012:

    upload_2026-10-9_14-9-14.png

    https://www.mint.go.jp/eng/operations-eng/eng_operations_certification-01.html
     
    stracci and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Help Identifying
Forum Title Date
Jewelry Need help identifying Arabic hallmark Dec 20, 2025
Jewelry Help identifying a vintage ring please Nov 18, 2025
Jewelry Need Help Authenticating/Identifying Watches Sep 7, 2025
Jewelry I need some help identifying black beads Sep 5, 2025
Jewelry Help Identifying Vintage Double-Finger Ring with Three Orbs Aug 15, 2025

Share This Page