Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Help Identifying a Repeated Maker’s Mark on a Gold and Turquoise Bracelet
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Any Jewelry, post: 13204203, member: 2844"]A beautiful heirloom.</p><p>The script with those upright/vertical letters looks Armenian to me, but I don't read Armenian myself, so I couldn't tell you what it says. Maybe your paternal grandmother's name?</p><p><br /></p><p>The turquoises are Persian turquoise, and many goldsmiths in Iran were Armenian. Persian turquoise has been traded worldwide for centuries, but this looks like Armenian Persian work to me. I have an Armenian Iranian 18k gold and turquoise ring.</p><p>I have no reason to believe it is anything other than 18k gold.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Any Jewelry, post: 13204203, member: 2844"]A beautiful heirloom. The script with those upright/vertical letters looks Armenian to me, but I don't read Armenian myself, so I couldn't tell you what it says. Maybe your paternal grandmother's name? The turquoises are Persian turquoise, and many goldsmiths in Iran were Armenian. Persian turquoise has been traded worldwide for centuries, but this looks like Armenian Persian work to me. I have an Armenian Iranian 18k gold and turquoise ring. I have no reason to believe it is anything other than 18k gold.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Jewelry
>
Help Identifying a Repeated Maker’s Mark on a Gold and Turquoise Bracelet
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...