Help Identifying Antique Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lpierceson, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Lpierceson

Lpierceson New Member

E6BC8B9C-C21A-4AD2-8C01-3E7387B03AD9.jpeg 05E91700-5249-4038-B852-C61683352236.jpeg I’m hoping someone can help me identify if this table is truly antique or just a poorly made reproduction. We saw this table at an antique store and would like something a bit older that is well made that may require some TLC. The legs and flower border of the table appear to be made of solid wood while the very top is a veneer (I know because one corner was chipped off). I quick snapped the two pictures that you see and I’m hoping those give some sort of clue whether it’s worth putting the time and effort into to restore it. Approx dimensions of it are 43” wide and maybe 6 ft long with a missing leaf. Any ideas on time period and type of wood?

2. Lpierceson

Lpierceson New Member

3. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Your photos are VERY limiting, better photos will get more comments/posts.
    Appears to be a 20th-century revival jacobean style with condition issues.

wiscbirddog likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with the above. Circa 1930. Usually a walnut veneer with lesser solids stained to match.

5. Lpierceson

Lpierceson New Member

thank you for the reply!

James Conrad likes this.
  6. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

No problem, next time try to take a photo of the entire piece with detailed photos below, you'll get a much better response.
    Unless experienced, I would shy away from veneer repairs as usually, it is not a DIY type of project. The scratches on the leg would be a fairly easy fix and more in the TLC category.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  7. marthahill

marthahill Active Member

Just get a bottle of Old English dark oil ! Its a scratch cover and will hide most of the imperfections ! Apply and let sit about 15 minutes and buff the excess off ! Let dry at least 24 hours ! Its messy but will look much better when done !

Ghopper1924 and James Conrad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted