Featured Help Identifying Cut Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tiadola, Feb 6, 2018.

1. tiadola

tiadola New Member

vase (2).jpg vase (1).jpg Hi,

I bought these 2 cut glass vases from 2 sellers a while ago, and then stupidly sold them as I thought it's probably a common pattern if I could find 2, and that I could find it again. No luck so far.
    Does anyone have any idea what pattern is this? One seller told me he thinks it's a wheel-cut Pairpoint from 1910s, and he used to know the name. I'm not sure why one has a silver top or whether that is original to that vase. I don't remember either vase having any markings on them.

Any insight would be welcome! Thank you :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Rastella, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, tiadola.
    Lovely vases. Don't know much about glass, others will know.

tiadola and judy like this.
  3. Rastella

Rastella Everything is figureoutable.

That is beautiful! Hmmm ... that looks like a pineapple to me at the top. So maybe a pineapple and daisy type pattern?

4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Silver tops on vases generally were applied by someone other than the glass manufacturer. Often cuttings were also. If the design had a name, it would have been a number, not descriptive words.

5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I'd check Hawkes on the second (silver top) one.

6. tiadola

tiadola New Member

Thanks, I've checked Hawkes and didn't find the exact pattern but the markings do look similar. Both first and second of these vases have the same pattern on the body by the way.

Any one have any ideas if 1910s sounds about right?

7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Yes, 1910 to 1920.

Draft saved Draft deleted