Help Identifying Mystery Chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by jr78563, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jr78563

jr78563 New Member

E57904D0-86E1-4E09-BE40-C33FAEEC1783.jpeg

Hi all.

Could I get your help in ID’ing this chair? I’m curious as to the potential wood, value, and maker, but any information at all would be helpful. There is a rip in the leather in the front that I’d want to fix if I purchased - unsure of the cost of that. You can spot the rip in the picture.

The chair has a marking on the underside of the seat, stamped into a brass plate. It reads BT. 51766

Thanks!

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

The furniture people will want more photos than what you've provided along with close up shots of the wood. A shot of the side, the back, underneath, etc.

i need help likes this.
  3. jr78563

jr78563 New Member

@sabre123 - Thanks for the info. I unfortunately don’t have additional photos at this time; I should have taken more in the thrift shop. I’ll leave the photo for now in case someone can make an ID with the limited info, otherwise I’ll remember to take more photos the next time I have a question.

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

1940s-50s office chair from the look of it. In my Midwest location, value would be nil with that rip. Without it, would be lucky to get $25.00.

sabre123 and i need help like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Isn't it a shame? Nice and solid. Lots of life in it yet. (But no commercial value.)

Debora

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Likewise in my part of the U.S. midwest, not so very far from verybrad.

7. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

What's nice about honest, well made chairs that have minimal value is that folks who appreciate them, can own them for just a few dollars - there are many who have little to spend.

8. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

$25.00 would be about the tops here in IA as well. People these days need to learn that inexpensive doesn't mean inferior.

cxgirl and Ghopper1924 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted