Help identifying this black hobnail goblet, Fenton?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Iggy and Alice, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Iggy and Alice

Iggy and Alice I love my twin!

Just learning my " antiques" and cannot seem to find this particular stemmed vase? I assume it I'd black milk glass by Fenton. It stands 8" tall and base is 3-7/8" across. Widest part of bowl is about 5".

Please help me identify this and if anyone knows it's value, that'd be great.

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm thinking you tried loading some photos but your picture isn't showing. Quite often images are too large and need to be resized before they can load here.

3. Iggy and Alice

IMG_20170713_140537.jpg IMG_20170713_140537_1.jpg IMG_20170713_140559.jpg Oh gosh. Sorry. Just learning

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to have the Fenton quality. Any marks on the bottom?

5. Iggy and Alice

No marks at all on any part of it. I felt the same way but this came from a storage unit that had quite a few things of value so thought I'd check. It's heavy and really a nice piece, I just could not find this particular one so made me question whether it was a real deal or not. Before I found this site, I have sold two items that once I hooked up with someone who was an authority on them, kindly told me I gave them away. So happy to have the knowledge base here!! Thanks, June

6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

This can't be a goblet (as you ask in your title), can you imagine trying to drink out of that rim :nailbiting:

This is a vase like you say in your message, probably an ivy vase :)

7. Iggy and Alice

Thanks. Sometimes I just don't even have a clue as to what to look under for my searches. Stuff I get is sometimes really odd!

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Could this be called a rose bowl as well ?

9. Iggy and Alice

I'll check, thanks

10. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Iggy and Alice, join the club. We've all (I'm fairly certain) had "really odd" stuff at one time or another. ;) :shame:

Melissa Brown likes this.
  11. Iggy and Alice

So glad you "folk" are here. I'm learning but boy there is some weird stuff to search out. Thanks

12. Iggy and Alice

The Rose bowl seems to be the closest thing to the rim I can find. Still haven't found the stemmed vase part of the equation. Wondering if it's just a knock off? Again, no markings at all.

13. Iggy and Alice

Anything I am finding from Fenton in Rose bowl does not seem to have the " hob nails" so far up in the fluted part of the rim as this one does.

14. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

looks to be a Duncan & Miller #118 ivy ball vase

15. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted