Help me identify the New York Yankee in this photo

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Axel Foley, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Member

ED4BC78D-79EA-421A-89F4-54182C2D9522.jpeg 12E4FD58-AAB0-438C-8837-49F6914C8533.jpeg FFFB66AD-BC6D-4C63-919D-A5A31E12FDF8.jpeg Hello everyone, I came across this today in my travels , I can’t figure out who the player is though. It measures 11x14 it seems to be on an old photo card stock type material. There’s nothing on the back of it. If anyone can provide some information it would be greatly appreciated , thank you

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

BaseballGames and i need help like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I agree that it looks like Whitey Ford. Quite a bit, I think. There is a photo in Getty Images that is taken directly into his face like this, and looks exactly the same.

I didn't realize that he died just a little over a year ago.

BaseballGames and sabre123 like this.
  4. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Correct.
    Career stats and bio, if anyone's interested, here:
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/fordwh01.shtml

There are several photo experts at Net54Baseball.com who might be able to recognize, determine, or make a good guess at the source, publisher, and/or distributor of the actual photo.

Figtree3 and sabre123 like this.
  5. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Member

Thank you for the quick answers

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted