help on segovia signed landscape oil painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by rink28, Jun 5, 2018.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew who this artost is? its signed on the bottom left "segovia" i did try to do some research and found some artist with segovia but im not sure if this is factory art or not. if anyone has any info that would be great. Thanks segovia1.jpg segovia2.jpg segovia3.jpg segovia4.jpg

Aquitaine likes this.
  2. Andre segovia?
    [​IMG]
    Probably not.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

trees, stream, cabin, mountains.....= factory ... imo. ( or not..)

that said.....i love fall paintings..and this one is very nice..!

smallaxe, Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I don’t think those are the same signatures at all. Can you put them side by side?

5. The signature is all wrong. But some of the painting that came up by searching his name reminded me of this one. But as said. Probably not.

6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

7. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

unfortunately its on goofy pinterest and can get no further info on it

8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

9. i need help

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i need help likes this.
  11. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Did you see the link of the painting on Google of that landscape painting? I'm very confused because that Andres segovia is is known for still life paintings. Do you think the seller on ebay is thinking his is by andres segovia?

12. i need help

If you give them the benefit of the the doubt, it’s accidental.
    Unless his signature changed dramatically.

13. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

So your saying the ebay seller is thinking it's by andre segovia?

14. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Sorry I can’t link but there’s one similar on Bidorbuy for995 Rand. Framed in Harare in South Africa. The seller thinks the picture is of Segovia not painted by Segovia. I think it’s the same artist.

15. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the info and thanks houseful I'll check it out. So do you think it's andre segovia or is it by another segovia?

16. i need help

Did you look at Juan’s signature?

17. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I need help I just did I believe that's who it is juan segovia! It appears the painting on askart.com is similar in style to mine and signature looks similar too

18. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Amusing trivia: Andres Segovia the painter (1929-1996) was the son of classical guitarist Andres Segovia (1893-1987)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    silverthwait and i need help like this.
  19. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Some paintings by Juan Segovia at https://www.mutualart.com/Artist/Juan-Segovia/B1C10330C720F571

Doesn't look like the same style to me; and as noted, the painter Andre Segovia was known for still life, not landscape. So I'd guess this piece is not by either of them.

I'm inclined to think it might be factory art. I wouldn't trust ebay for art attribution, because ebay sellers are freely allowed to list factory paintings as "signed by a famous artist" or "signed by Segovia."
    However, there could well be other artists named Segovia, not easily found online......

i need help and komokwa like this.
  20. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

All _ fakes yeah it might be factory art. Looking at the tree branch picture I have listed on here some of them look not complete and amateurish. All I could find was those two artist though but mine appears to be different then both of them now looking at it closer

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted