Featured Help please! Era made and is this manganese glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Judyk, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Judyk

Judyk New Member

IMG_0823.JPG IMG_0816.jpeg IMG_0792.jpeg IMG_0823.JPG A neighbor was cleaning out an outbuilding and gave this bowl to me...covered in dirt and mud. It is unbelievably heavy weighing 8.4 lbs! Not clear glass as pics show but kind of a grey/lavender in the sun. It glows purple under blacklight with pale green along the seams and tips. 6 1/2" tall and 12 1/2" wide at top. I believe it may be manganese glass which would make it quite old.

Any idea as to era made and does it have any value. No chips or cracks..a few bubbles. If more pics are needed..just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Figtree3, kyratango, judy and 4 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those daisy/sunflower designs are usually sixties ish.

Figtree3, kyratango, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Judyk

Judyk New Member

Thank you so much! You were spot on..it's Blenko from the 70's! I figure it's been left out in the sun since it now has a lavender tint and is no longer crystal. Now to decide whether to keep it or try to sell it.

Thanks again, Judy

kyratango, TallCakes and judy like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's very pretty. Good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted