Featured Help with a couple of bracelets

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Laura1969, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Laura1969

Laura1969 Active Member

1B0D7E96-70CF-4BDF-B9DD-848BBC57DDB1.jpeg
    62DFE37C-54BE-4C17-94D1-E901E7ECFE1E.jpeg C149B5F0-C5A8-4E26-9A7A-80843D438A14.jpeg E2AD5C43-A37F-45C3-A188-3EC93DE5306C.jpeg 353F1E1D-69A2-4FD9-913B-A1AC05C55E7D.jpeg A6645FAD-443E-424B-98B8-89C93B79E16B.jpeg . The green one does not have any markings on it that I can see..

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

You DO realize the gold one is marked 18k dont you ? Look closely on the green one for markings,sometimes its on the tongue .Fabulous !

3. Laura1969

Laura1969 Active Member

Yes I saw that .... I found one that was called the Chinese filgren dragon/Phoenix that was 24k. I was curious if anyone thought these symbols are dragons?? Also, I couldn't find one that has the extra chain clasp with a heart and key..☺️

judy and Bronwen like this.
  4. Laura1969

Laura1969 Active Member

Thank you!!! I got the green one open and you were right. It says Sterling Germany.

Attached Files:

judy, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Dang Laura, you are finding some wonderful items, I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!

6. Laura1969

Laura1969 Active Member

Well, I've been finding them for weeks and trying to look them up. Being part of this forum helps so much. My problem is, I'm having some serious ADHD and can't stay focused on one thing..hehe.

kyratango and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@Laura1969 ....here's a tip...
    You're showing high quality expensive items to us....but in short order we'll get frustrated looking at your hand and living room..!

Get a white & black ....towel, sheet, paper....something....and use it as a background so we can properly see your items , clear and in focus, and start measuring them.
    Help us, to help you !!!
    Once you know what u need to know.....catalog it ....so in the future you'll remember !

Just saying...........it's time to be more professional about the treasures you're finding !!

Bakersgma, Any Jewelry, judy and 2 others like this.
  8. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Holy guacamole!! Nice score

judy, kyratango and johnnycb09 like this.
  9. Laura1969

Laura1969 Active Member

I'm gonna try.. please understand I've just been so excited today that people actually know about my things . I'll tell you an awesome horrible sad thing that started this out. My mother had under her China cabinet these two scary dogs. I have always been very into antique furniture but did not know much about jewelry or other things like silver or more importantly, STRAFFORDSHIRE DOGS that I gave to Goodwill because they scared me. They were about 12 to 15 inches tall, white with gold trim throughout the bodies. Once I got over my initial grieving, I started looking up all these STRAFFORDSHIRE pieces I have and found those ugly dogs I gave away. I Couldnt stop laughing at how hard my mother must have been yelling at me from her grave- NOT THE DOGS, Laura, As I placed them in the Goodwill box. Thank Goodness that was the only thing I gave away. Since then I have been taking my time to learn about everything!!! I have been back to that Goodwill store twice and found two other sets but neuter like three ones my mom had..

10. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

There is nothing better than three good neutered, plus two set of STRAFFORDSHIRE dogs, I really must say. :)

11. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Nice bracelets!!!
    Need detailed close up of the bracelet panel where your dragon is to be able to identify the "beast":cyclops::joyful:

12. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

I’m with your mum on this one! Firstly because ugly doesn’t mean worthless, and secondly because I’m partial to a STRAFFORDSHIRE myself... ;D The bracelets are lovely though, you should wear them!

komokwa, johnnycb09 and kyratango like this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Love the Chinese one.:happy:
    I see a lot of bamboo, but since your camera focused on your fingers and the rest is blurry, it is impossible to see anything else. I tried to tweak it, no great help. Looking forward to new photos of just the bracelet.
    If I were to hazard a guess it is plum blosson on the left, and certainly bamboo on the right. Maybe every panel represents a different flower or plant? How many panels are there?

upload_2020-10-16_13-9-30.jpeg

I suspect the chain is a replacement. Personally I would remove that and add a plain safety chain. This 'sweetheart look' does the beautiful style of the bracelet no favours imo.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  14. Laura1969

Laura1969 Active Member

I'm typing from my phone and gosh auto correct is killing me!! I'll try to
    I'll try to take better pictures

komokwa, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  15. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I hate auto correct, you can turn if off if you can't stand it, I did :shame:

Draft saved Draft deleted