Featured Help with a Japanese vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nick Grady, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Nick Grady

Nick Grady Member

D5DB40B9-C1B5-4480-92EE-2231EC137399.jpeg 9B5551EA-82FC-43BC-AF95-998C4B0D1421.jpeg C464791B-6CC8-435F-AFB5-8ECF6AD1AC5D.jpeg Hi there everyone. Hoping someone can give me the maker on this vase, or any info. It stands 8 to 10 inches tall. Thanks in advance!

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Nick,

I’ve enlarged your photos. Please check the box for insert every photo as Full Image, next time, Thanks :)

3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

It's the mark for Fukagawa, of Japan. I don't think it's particularly old.

judy, Boland, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wow, that is a lot of felt on the bottom! I like the blue color...

5. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Agreed,beautiful deep blue. Visually very pretty to me (yes, apart from the crazy felt)

judy and Nick Grady like this.
  6. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

Fukagawa for sure, the mark is modern this century if i recall, but with the fukagawa mark it is always tricky, As they had so many variations of the same symbols in different ways. Fukagawa is one of the very best japanese Kilns and was the official appointed agent for the Imperial palace. I have a 19th century Imari vase by fukagawa and it is stunning.

Draft saved Draft deleted