Help with a vase/jar/whatever

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by In For the old guy, Jan 27, 2017.

1. In For the old guy

In For the old guy Active Member

You folks were so knowledgeable and fast last time..................................

Another from this elderly lady who is trying to downsize before she passes away. Really no-one to leave any items to. That perfume tray is going to be offered at the same price one you found sold for. Except I think hers is much nicer decoration.

Not so nice is that I found a chip on this new one nobody noticed before.
    Here it is, though I had a problem with the color. Deeper than is shown.

~
    Vase1.JPG Vase2Chip.JPG VaseClose.JPG VaseFromTop.JPG VaseHandle.JPG VaseCloseFront.JPG Vase4.JPG Vase3.JPG

2. In For the old guy

I have stuff to learn. This posted before I finished. Whatever you call that thing pictured here it is..................four inches tall and almost 6 wide. Age, etc. will be nice.

3. In For the old guy

Is there a place here to ask about bookends?
    She also has some. BookendsTwo.JPG ................................ Heck, I'll show you

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

your ruby stained with gold spooner is from the 'PresCut' line by McKee Bros. called 'Puritan' c1910

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

And the bookends appear to be inspired by the sphinx.

Debora

6. In For the old guy

Thank you very much, TallCakes.
    Name, maker, style, age, line. What else would I need?
    Well, maybe to find one somewhere would be OK. But with a chip like that I don't think anyone would want to buy it anyway.

Debora, that was my first thought. Is there a special area here for members who could maybe add to that.

7. In For the old guy

Thanks again. With your help I found both offered for sale. With the chip the spooner is worth zilch and the bookends aren't selling in the $50 range.

Draft saved Draft deleted