Help with artist

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tylerhawkens, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Tylerhawkens

Tylerhawkens Active Member

Hey guys- any ideas on who the artist is? I think it says “Garcellano” but not for sure. Cool piece to me even if not listed

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Thank you, Tyler, for the photograph of the back. FYI, next time you post photographs, you'll want to click on Full Image rather than Thumbnail. I see Garcellano too, by way.

Debora

aaroncab likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Def looks like "Garcellano" to me too.......methinks you're using an iPhone!!!!
    9DFA997E-AE6D-415B-9E75-460EE04FBBE9.jpeg

E32CC490-75B4-4FA8-B4B4-E0108DAF00B2.jpeg

F62E855B-74F8-4585-9224-DA80488A96FC.jpeg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Tylerhawkens

5. Aquitaine

Some use their android cell phones, but iPhones are NOTORIOUS for inherently loading images SIDEWAYS, and it appears Apple doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it....I don't use one, but I've googled many times about it and see MANY questions but NO answers!!!! Only one of my Apple gripes!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: OTOH, I LOVE my iPad!!!!;);)

komokwa and blooey like this.
  6. Tylerhawkens

Ahhh okay I’ll try to use another platform next time. Sideway pictures are annoying!

So I am guessing this may just be an unknown artist.

7. Aquitaine

To me iPhones are just WAAAAY overpriced!!! Not to worry too much about the sideways images.....someone here will usually turn'em around!!!:D:D:D

blooey and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Doubt you’ll identify but you’ve got keywords if selling.
    Vintage 80s, Cool Hipster Illustrative Big Blue Eye Crying Woman Lady Drawing Tear Multicolor

Aquitaine and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No, I don't think you'll identify. Artist likely died of AIDS long ago.

Debora

10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

That’s terrible and every illustrative artist didn’t die from AIDS although my only brother was one non illustrative artist who did.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

The artist did a VERY nice drawing !! ... Joy. :):)

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

:(:(:(

Christmasjoy, reader and Aquitaine like this.
  13. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

VERY disappointed at the tone deafness of this remark. Id like to think it was a slip of the tongue . As someone who lost several dear friends to the aids epidemic I had a much harsher initial response . It was a horrifying and very depressing time.

Christmasjoy, reader and komokwa like this.
  14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im so sorry for your loss. How well I remember losing so many close to me.

Christmasjoy, reader and komokwa like this.
  15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I do apologize if I offended you. But my intention was merely to state the (undeniable) fact that... Many young, creative people died of AIDS in the 1980s. And many were gone before their talents could be more widely recognized.

Debora

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  16. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Apology accepted but it really came off way wrong. Not all artists influenced by the great fashion illustrators like Antonio Lopez were gay and thankfully not all that were died of AIDS. Women, gay and straight painted in that style too. It was more reflective of a period than a sexual orientation. That was a crazy statement but let’s just move on.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted