Featured Help with chair info

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Remodel1, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Remodel1

Remodel1 Member

20210310_172446.jpg Hi everyone, recently did a remodel on a dentist office. One dentist was retiring and leaving after 45 yrs and basically just walked away from everything, the new dentist wanted nothing that was there which did drastically need updated. All office furniture was left for me to have or get rid of. Nice mahogany office furniture though and made a few nickles. Tucked away in a corner was an old dentist chair that had been restored. His words was get rid of the god awful thing. It is a WD Allison , believe the rails are polished nickel, cast base with castors and fully functional. It had been in a museum in Atchinson Kansas which was written under the seat with a catalog number and after contacting then it was found that 2 yrs were missing from the book so no luck. Kind of a bummer not knowing why it was there and the history behind it. I have looked all over for images similar with not much luck so I'm asking for a little help. Trying to narrow down a year it was produce and being I won't be keeping this curious on its worth. Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

stupid arrogant dentist.........!

lovely chair.....

one pic , would suffice,,:happy:;);)

3. Remodel1

Remodel1 Member

didnt realize but fixed it

komokwa likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

5. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Maybe our young straight-razor collector would like it. sweeney.jpg

komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. Remodel1

Remodel1 Member

Looks pretty dang close, minus the attachments. Thanks, now making a little progress!

komokwa likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I LOVE the chair!!! VERY COOL!!!!! Think I'd have gone with red though instead of the white!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:

komokwa likes this.
  8. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Very nice ! Too bad it is not a barber's chair though . I once pulled a similar 1930's cream and green one out of a dumpster here where I live when they renovated the neighborhood . The responsible person was an aspiring tattoo artist who could not move it , did not want to sell it , and thought it easier to just dump it ....sad . I will not speak ill of him :tragically his life spiraled and he died in county jail of a drug related illness , a few years later his wife / partner did the same leaving a young teen boy parentless....sometimes people just can't get an even break. Hope that kid overcomes his demons he has to face ...... They were not bad people , but made bad choices ....

and on that happy note , Nice chair , great find ! If you want to sell it , call up the local successful tattoo shops.......

Darkwing Manor and Remodel1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted