Help with Chinese & Japanese Porcelain Pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, Jan 12, 2021.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    3 pieces I need help with with makers and/or age
    any information appreciated
    thanks for looking:)
    #1 small bowl, 1 3/4"H x 3 1/2" across the top, modern I believe, I've been trying to figure out the mark but striking out. Unsure if Japanese or Chinese
    DSCF9845.jpeg

DSCF9847.jpeg

DSCF9857.jpeg

#2 bowl with think enamel design, 5 1/2" x 2 1/8"H. I thought the mark would be easy to find but searched Gotheborg for Japanese and Chinese and didn't see it.
    DSCF9789.jpeg DSCF9790.jpeg DSCF9791.jpeg DSCF9794.jpeg DSCF9796.jpeg

judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

#3 - two bowls, Imari colours, 4 3/4" x 1 1/2", unmarked - I think Japanese on these ones
    DSCF9842.jpeg DSCF9812.jpeg DSCF9837.jpeg DSCF9843.jpeg

judy, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

first one looks Japanese, second Chinese and that mark should be on Gotheborg as it is a known Chinese mark. last lot Japanese.

judy and cxgirl like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thank-you blooey:) I've looked a few times on Gotheborg and not seeing the mark. I find that the marks I think will be easy to ID never are, will keep looking:)

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Well that mark is known as "Chang" (entrails) or the "endless knot" and one of the eight Buddhist Emblems or Pa Chi-Hsiang.

Not that really means too much in this context but surprised that Gotheborg doesn't make reference to it ...however not everyone knows everything I suppose :bookworm::cool::rolleyes:

patd8643 and cxgirl like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wonderful information, thank-you blooey:) Using 'endless knot', I am finding information and found the same bowl as mine on the asian art forum. Also found Gotheborg does have information, just not in the marks section.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    blooey likes this.
  7. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

no.1 japanese,no 2.is chinese (late 19th to early 20th century),no 3 japanese imari

8. manny

manny Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted