Help with gemstone ID for diamond Salavetti pendant

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by MTswirls, Sep 9, 2019.

1. MTswirls

MTswirls Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on what type of gemstones these may be. I tested the 18K gold and the diamonds and they are real. It looks like this piece was repaired. I only say that because there's visible glue on the back of the stones which looks sloppy for a piece of Salavetti jewelry. It would be kind of suprising for both stones to have fallen off though.
    IMG_2340.jpeg IMG_2345.jpeg IMG_2344.jpeg IMG_2347.jpeg

Thanks so much!

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i think the glue...may be original....

Christmasjoy and MTswirls like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

I don't see anything in the photos to suggest the stones weren't glued in to start with.Unless there is something in the way the stones were cut to make them lock into the area under the diamonds.

kyratango, Christmasjoy and MTswirls like this.
  4. MTswirls

It does look like the stones would have originally had to have been glued into place. I guess I just assumed they might have been repaired because I was surprised to see the dried glue along the back of the stones. I didn't think that should be there.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well, for 18K & diamonds...I'm unimpressed by whatever those stones are in the 1st place.:yawn::yawn:
    so a little sight of glue..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MTswirls likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The stones could be celadon jade and pink jade. That brownish pink is what real undyed pink jade often looks like. The gaudy pink you see so often is dyed pale jade. Genuine pink jade is one of the rarest colours and highly sought after.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  7. MTswirls

Those seem like a fitting match! I did notice that they don't seem to be cloudy with texture like some other pieces of jade that I've seen. Is it unusual for jade to be as clear as these gems are?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Jade can be very clear, especially jadeite, which is the variety this could be.
    Jade is actually the name for two different stones, jadeite and nephrite. Both are highly valued.

MTswirls and AmericanGeode like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted