Featured Help with Heisey Sauce Boat and Under Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Aug 18, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I'm hoping Tom or perhaps someone else can help me with this Heisey sauce boat and under plate. I'm not sure of the pattern. It has a Yoeman shape but no optic. If I remember correctly not all Yoeman pieces have an optic. The boat measures 7" long, 3" wide and 3" tall at the spout. The under plate measure 6 3/4" long, 5 5/8" wide and about 1/2" tall. Both pieces have the diamond H mark. One final question please, is the etch factory done or was this a blank produced for the trade at large? Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.
    Don

IMG_20180818_185053632.jpg IMG_20180818_185131163.jpg IMG_20180818_185153323.jpg IMG_20180818_185205800.jpg

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! ... Joy.

3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Yes, It's Yeoman, and it's a cutting, not an etching. The design is not in "The Handbook of Heisey Cuttings" and I don't recognize it as similar to others. It must have come from a decorating shop.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Rater elegant !!

pearlsnblume, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Very elegant! I could never use that for humble gravy...how about Melba sauce? :)

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you all! Sorry about confusing cutting vs. etching yet again. I've been told the difference many times but on this topic, I'm afraid, I am a poor learner. :banghead:
    Don

Christmasjoy, komokwa and janettekay like this.
  7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

This cutting was left unpolished to that it has the gray appearance of an etching. As a general rule simpler designs like this are cut not acid etched.

LIbraryLady, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted