Featured Help with I'd of 6 signed ceramic picture tiles, Italian ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Oct 8, 2017.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

These were very well framed, but decided to take apart to see them properly
    All individually signed, Don't think they are that old, am I right in thinking maybe Italian

Many thanks

tiles1s_resize_20171008_130331.jpg tiles5s_resize_20171008_130330.jpg tiles4s_resize_20171008_130329.jpg tiles12s_resize_20171008_130330.jpg tiles11s_resize_20171008_130330.jpg tiles15s_resize_20171008_130330.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Classic Persian (Iranian).
    The writing is Farsi, the Iranian language, which uses modified Arabic script.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  3. charlie cheswick

I'm really gonna have to start paying you !!!!!

4. Any Jewelry

I'll send you the bill.:D

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I bought so many of them in 1960s, rue the day sold the last of them. Now I have none.:oops::oops::oops::oops:
    greg

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  6. charlie cheswick

Hi Greg, do you think the ones I have date to about the 60s ?

judy likes this.
  7. gregsglass

Hi Charlie,
    When I said I bought many, they were very old when I bought them. Most of mine were over 100 years old when I bought them. With the change from Persia to Iran and the fall of the Shah many old tiles were "unloaded" on the antiques market. I can not be sure but I think yours are older also.
    greg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  8. Any Jewelry

Greg, yours would have been Qajar dynasty. My guesstimate for Charlie's is 1960s-70s, in Qajar style.

9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

From the back they look fairly modern to me

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. gregsglass

Hi Any Jewelry,
    Thanks for the information. Now that I look at backs of Charlie's tiles they do look newer. I never had any that made a picture, They were all different sizes.
    greg

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted