Help with Identification of Limoges China Co. Sebring Ohio Covered Dish?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Chuck7817, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Chuck7817

Chuck7817 New Member

I've recently acquired a covered serving/vegetable dish that is marked Limoges China Co USA Sebring Ohio 931. Not sure if it's porcelain or what its made of but it is creme colored with a small green flower? design or pattern) around the edge of dish and lid.

I've searched online without luck trying to find one like mine and have been unable to located even one piece (covered dish, plate, cup and saucer, bowl, etc.) of Limoges that is close and can't find even just the the same pattern, ugh.

Does anyone recognize or know more information on this piece? It's approx. 5.3/4" tall from bottom of dish to top of lid knob. Outer rim of lid and dish is 7" across, and dish is 9" across from handle to handle. Pics included. Thank you in advance!
    1_IMG_5392_700_RS.jpg 4_IMG_5389_700_RS.jpg 3_IMG_5394_700_RS.jpg 2_IMG_5423_640_RS.jpg 6_IMG_5424_640_RS.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

pretty !!!

Chuck7817 likes this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Chuck7817 and komokwa like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@judy.....give him your "keywords"..... ebay is NOT letting us use a hyperlink to send anyone there on their site.....VERY AGGRAVATING!!!!! Then he can check "SOLD" LISTINGS....

Chuck7817 likes this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Oh...OK......

Limoges China casserole Sebring, Ohio.

I didn't think the link to current listings would be a problem too.:(

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  6. Chuck7817

Chuck7817 New Member

Thanks for the ebay suggestion as well as the update on how to access it. I originally had trouble getting the link to get me there as well but I took a look at the thread and used some of the keywords, which after a few tries got me to where I could see similar shaped pieces. So am I correct in assuming that what I have is a casserole dish with lid? While I haven't been able to determine exactly which Limoges Sebring Ohio pattern it is that I have, I've seen similar shaped dishes like mine with the lid but I've seen them represented as.... a "Vegetable dish w/ lid", "Casserole dish w/lid", "Soup Toureen"

This link shows a photo of a piece that is almost identical in shape and size, albeit not the same pattern as mine, and they reference theirs as a "Casserole Dish" just as you have done.

https://images.app.goo.gl/54YmRcphUe2GEpqc9

Vintage-Limoges-Royal-Beige-Covered-Casserole-Dish-Silver.jpg
    Theirs
    limoges_china_usa_sebring_ohio_931.jpg
    Mine

Thank you for helping narrow it down this much. Still searching diligently online to try and determine the pattern mine is from. Thanks again!

Draft saved Draft deleted