Featured Help with identifying gold bangles hallmarks

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Tony2332, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Tony2332

Tony2332 New Member

Gold bangles2.jpg gold bangles3.jpg gold bangles.jpg Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone able to identify this hall mark? Is it 22k gold? It seems like it says 22A but I am not even sure if I should be looking at it sideways which means it could be another language or unknown symbol? The odd shaped chop marks below this is even more strange. Also, I'm not sure if this will help, but these marks are on the outside of the bangles and not the inside. Any info on this would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Edit: Sorry for originally posting just a thumbnail. I am a new user and not familiar with the system. I just re-uploaded a full-sized picture. Thank you all again! Oh yes, this photo was taken with a digital microscope because the hallmarks are THAT tiny.

Edit2: I inherited these from my grandmother and they each weigh about 12 grams. I've also added 2 new photos. As I've indicated to a fellow poster, they are rather small, plain and unremarkable looking but at the very least they have sentimental value!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    komokwa, Dessert58 and Aquitaine like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

French eagle head by the look of it.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

When you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "POST EVERY IMAGE FULL SIZE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Here it is this time!! AND WELCOME!!!:happy::happy::)

gold bangles.jpg

5. Aquitaine

How do you even SEE that???????????????? Yikes!!! Guess you've maybe looked at enough of them.......

Ownedbybear and Dessert58 like this.
  6. Tony2332

Tony2332 New Member

Thank you for that feedback, I just re-uploaded.

komokwa likes this.
  7. Tony2332

Tony2332 New Member

Thank you for taking the time to explain how to do a proper posting and for posting the photo for me full sized. I'm a new user so i'm not yet familiar with the system. But I just did the edit as you suggested :)

komokwa likes this.
  8. Tony2332

Tony2332 New Member

Now that I've re-uploaded with a full sized photo, can you tell what it is? Thank you!

komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  9. Aquitaine

It's fine now!!! You'll get the hang of it....I only gave you part of what one of us usually post for new members, will do when I get a few more minutes....it all gets pretty easy once used to the general format!! Can you also post an image of the whole set of the bangles....you'll find when more familiar, and reading other posts, members gain more information to help you from the more (up to 10!) images you post!!:happy: Thanks again!!

komokwa likes this.
  10. Tony2332

Tony2332 New Member

Ok, I will do that. They are rather unremarkable small plain bangles but if it will help, I'll take a couple of new additional pictures and post them. Thank you again! :)

komokwa likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’ve got quite good at spotting some teeny shapes. That’s how I grabbed a nice 18carat gold French brooch a couple of weeks back!

Aquitaine likes this.
  12. Aquitaine

OK, @Tony2332, as promised, and you might want to just bookmark this page, at least until comfortable with posting!!

For Future reference, when posting images:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "POST EVERY IMAGE FULL SIZE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" Mostly, have fun while at it!! IF more help needed, ASK us!! We DO try to help!!:):)

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  13. Tony2332

Tony2332 New Member

Wow, thanks for the tips and links!

komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  14. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I use an app on my phone call 'Photo and picture resizer'. It does the job in a few seconds. Available in the play store.

Draft saved Draft deleted