help with identifying old kirsch bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AC123, Aug 25, 2018.

1. AC123

AC123 New Member

Hi, I have recently accried this kirsch bottle it has Ets J and J Desjonqueres Foucarmont

I have done some research but all I can find is some bottles made by the company from 1900 to 1940, however the bottle doesn’t look that old. Does anyone know anything about this bottle?
    B41AE7BB-3190-485D-849A-F59762E677DD.jpeg

B82E54F7-97B1-4EFF-8E62-0194B9A1779D.jpeg

133C7BF4-D0DE-44DB-B3CA-563DC68F5303.jpeg

Regards

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Fid likes this.
  3. AC123

AC123 New Member

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Your bottle doesn't appear to have an importer's label. Possible it's a small distillery without wide distribution.

Debora

5. AC123

AC123 New Member

Thanks again for the help, it’s very greatly appreciated, do you know what year roughly this bottle is maybe 1980’s?

6. AC123

AC123 New Member

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No idea as to age. And rare doesn't mean valuable. Typically spirit bottles have back labels. Does yours?

Debora

8. AC123

AC123 New Member

It doesn’t have a back label

9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

it's not real Kirsch. that would be made with cherries only. "Kirsch fantaisie" is made with non-identified alcohol - here probably apples due to the producer being in Normandy (Calvados...) in the departement Seine maritime - and perfumed by a teeny wee bit of real Kirsch, almond or even walnut scent.

10. AC123

AC123 New Member

How do you know?

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Good catch! It does say "Kirsch Fantaisie." And, of course, apple-based most likely given location of distillery and fact that, according to the linked article, it began by selling calvados. As it wasn't imported, a post-World War II souvenir most likely and a low end one from cap.

Debora

12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

how do I know ? by having been brought up in the right place !

SBSVC and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted